Domination: Earth

"Capture Land" not correctly choosing nearest land

SebRut

Issue Description

When I'm between to 2 lands and tap "capture land" it does not correctly choose the nearest land as seen in the screenshots. In the attached screenshots the flag at the top is the shown level 9 flag while the nearer land is only level 1. 

Device

OnePlus 5

OS

Android 7.1.1, OxygenOS 4.5.14

Screenshot_20171109-110607.jpg

Screenshot_20171109-130711.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm.. this could be a geolocation glitch! Unfortunately, every device has its own level of accuracy which also varies greatly in different countries.
In some places your current position can occasionally jump up to +-50 meters sideways and there isn't much we can do from our end, I'm afraid! :(
The nearest land distance formula is fairly straightforward.

However, just to be sure: is that screenshot taken from your blue or purple account?
Can you please double check just to make sure that the level 9 land isn't the blue one at the top? :)

1 minute ago, Mr. D said:

However, just to be sure: is that screenshot taken from your blue or purple account?

Can you please double check just to make sure that the level 9 land isn't the blue one at the top? :)

The purple ones with green flags belong to me.

@SebRut I've managed to identify the flaw in our distance sorting logic and released a fix; please let me know if the right land is being picked now! ;)

In any case, thank you very much for reporting this issue; your perfectly positioned lands helped find an issue that would have been very hard to spot otherwise! :) 

• Thanks 1