Domination: Earth

Adjustable rendering parameters

Is it possible to implement an option to adjust a following rendering parameters:

• zoom level at which resources merge,
  • range of resource rendering?

I understand, that there are some technical limitations that may be the reason for the currently designed values of these parameters, namely:

• rendering capability of the low-end client devices (ie. too much objects will make map sluggish or drain more power),
  • server and network efficiency (ie. the size of information to be sent to client or the time to compile the data).

One of these two must be the leading limit here, I guess, but I have no real data regarding the serverside impact of data package size, nor the rendering drag caused to client devices.

But if it's the client issue that's the only problem, surely the flagship devices would be able to render more, and thus allowing to edit such parameters would allow for easier and more smooth gameplay, especially when planning larger operations on resource retrieval.