Domination: Earth

Merging lands to base

Ruvox

Question

I've always wondered if merging two or more lands so that the resulting land is of level 5 or above does also result in establishing a new base when being outside your base range just like upgrading a land towards level 5 would do.

4 answers to this question

Sorry that I always ask about those unlikely scenarios. But what if I'd go somewhere outside my base range and could only manage to capture/upgrade two level 3 lands there (mergable to each other). Could I merge both resulting in a level 6 land which I could then upgrade remotely using Unobtainium? Or did I have to upgrade one of the land twice using Unobtainium?
So do only level 4 lands upgrading to 5 become a base or also higher level lands?
Or if I'd move my main base away and then upgrade my big level 1000+ land, would it become a base? 
How does this work?

13 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Or if I'd move my main base away and then upgrade my big level 1000+ land, would it become a base? 
How does this work?

Don't think that should happen as that land is already linked to an existing base, but yes, any other land above level 5 (e.g. level 1000) would be converted into a base upon the next remote upgrade.

So yes, you can merge two lands to reach level 6 then upgrade it once. :)