Domination: Earth

Another Discord Suggestion

*TLDR: Discord link after Tutorial, Ability to ping someone Invite to DE Discord.*

Okay here is once again another idea revolving around recruiting players to the Discord. I know that dozens of these have been suggested but I think I may actually be able to offer a helpful suggestion. 

What if the tutorial ended with a mini-msg that encouraged players to join the Discord and explained what it was? Currently you just get the Great Commission- uh I mean get told to go forth and capture the ends of the Earth. 😉 What if this also had something that said "To connect to other players to learn tips and tricks and further join the community join the Fan-managed Discord! *Link*" 

This would allow almost every single player who finishes the tutorial to see and understand that thier is a community/discord and the feeling of a dead game isn't so prominent. I think this would be a pretty simple change but then I don't write game code so I may be suggesting something ridiculous. 

My secondary idea would be to use the current msging system to send a simple push notification that says "XXXXX would like to connect with you on Discord! Check you messages for more details." Then the msg could be a link to the current discord which would allow players to 'ping' neighbors rather than burning them to the ground.  

This would great because once a player visits their inbox they could be greeted by a msg that says "XXXX would like to Connect with you on our Fan-managed Discord server! That way you can join the community at large and negotiate, chat, and create powerful alliances" or some such.  

I look forward to both your response Mr. D and even more so the peer review that I hope will follow. Thanks for reading this and let me know y'alls thoughts. 

- Raines

• Thanks 1