Domination: Earth

Rewrite this $hit

MaX333

Question

Sorry 4 that question but can you rewrite this game on c++ or c bcause its verry laggy and makes a lot of trubbles with app. If you have questions i will answer. If something went wrong i can help. Ive already rewrited all gui and thats very easy on c++.

Edited by MaX333

2 answers to this question

@MaX333 I appreciate your input, but not everything in life is fixed using C++!
Sharing which screens froze/were slow for you would be much more helpful than suggesting to build two new apps (for Android and iOS) using a brand new programming language from scratch. ;)
I.e. instead of saying "this lasagna is awful, please remake it in a Zanussi oven" perhaps you could tell us if your problem is with its meat, sauce, temperature or something else. :)

Please note though that most of our lags aren't related to our choice of programming language or frameworks:

1) Map tiles are loaded from a 3rd party OSM server and speed of their rendering depends purely on your internet speed and number of users downloading the same tiles.
Unless we include tiles for the entire world in the app (which would increase its size from 20 megabytes to approx. 5 terabytes; that would be one heck of a download!) we can build it in Java, C++ or Assembler but there will be no difference in performance whatsoever.

2) Loading speed of icons, lands & resources depends on our back-end server, streaming the content into the app. Similar to my point above, language of the app won't help here.
We are continuously working on optimizing the server-side performance, but it is an iterative task; not something that can be fixed once and for all.

3) Some screens in the app (like the tutorial slides) are known to be slow at the moment; it is an issue we plan to address in one of the next versions. But once again, the same non-optimized code could exist in any other language.
In fact, C++ tends to introduce memory leaks and a whole lot of other nightmares that would have made the app less stable.
Any application built on C++ is generally much more complex and requires hundreds more hours to build and debug compared to a hybrid app like ours.
If you are a C++ genius capable of producing perfect code without a single memory leak I applaud your prowess, but we are nowhere close to that state and consider ourselves to be average humans prone to mistakes. :)

So I cannot agree with your statement that "it's very easy", but if you do have an app you're willing to share with us to prove otherwise and demonstrate "how it's done" we would be ecstatic to check it out and learn from it. ;)

• Like 5