Domination: Earth

Referral System Ideas

Irrelevents

So I had a couple ideas for ways I wanted to promote the game as i travel about.. Mostly I've been waiting for 2.0 to drop before implementing them but also I've been thinking about an improved referral system.

Currently it really only functions for ppl that are literally standing next to each other,  and yes, I remember the other week when we were sharing our QR codes in discord, but for the sake of argument let's just say that I don't have a printer (because I don't :P). I like the ability to scan the qr code for rss's like scrapping, but I'm wondering if we can improve its functionality. Granted I'm not particularly skilled in these things but isn't it possible to have one QR code that if you scanned, it would take you to the listing in the app store, and I guess you'd have to scan it again to complete the referral, but even after, it would still work for your scrapping purposes..

The idea being that I want to make stickers with my QR referral code on them and go slap em up on bus stops and things that function like old phone booths used to.. But it needs to be idiot proof because..you know.. Ppl are idiots O.o

I think even that Valar had made some printouts a couple months ago right after I joined that just had like the game logo and his QR on it.

Granted I'd also like to increase the rewards or suggest that we go all Amway on it like a pyramid scheme xD.. I'd love to see something where if you got into a war that all the ppl you've recruited would rally like 5% of their troops to your banner.. But invariably that idea just doesn't fly. Or maybe just toss a little ubt at ppl when they do the lvl 10/extra bases thing. We need to get ppl talking about this again once 2.0 drops.

Everybody likes a little more loot, but really I just want that QR code to work a little better.

You guys know the drill, if there's anything else you're thinking along these lines.. Grizzly, Do NOT ask for a Navy! xD

• Like 2

And we need more then 3 minutes to edit these things lol!

I forgot to mention as well that I'd like to have an alternate method for saying who recruited you, like an alphanumeric or something. I'm just not crazy about explaining to someone why I'm sending them a ss of my QR and how they need to then..etc

9 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

And we need more then 3 minutes to edit these things lol!

Wish #1 granted! :D
Editing time has been increased to 60 minutes.

9 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

isn't it possible to have one QR code that if you scanned, it would take you to the listing in the app store

It is possible indeed; I've already pulled a lot of hair out in regrets about not implementing it this way initially... :)
The problem is that now a lot of QR codes have already been generated by the old app versions, so if I change the underlying mechanics some of them may stop working (and all the printed stickers will definitely become obsolete).
So I think that's something we should definitely implement, I just need to find a way to make this backwards-compatible to have all versions of the game still capable of referring friends (as not many players download updates regularly).

As for additional rewards... these will be considered. ;)

• Thanks 2

On 16.10.2018 at 11:10 AM, Irrelevents said:

I think even that Valar had made some printouts a couple months ago right after I joined that just had like the game logo and his QR on it.

Credit where it's due; That was Grizzly. He made posters with information on the game and his own QR code on it. If I remember it right he put them up here and there but mainly in his schools noticeboards. 👍

• Thanks 1