Domination: Earth

False GPS warning

Riylan

Hi @Riylan,

Sorry!
I have reviewed the logs manually and believe that it was a misunderstanding from the anti-cheat's end (first warning has been removed).

There are two levels of cheating in our system: "mildly suspicious" and "outright dodgy" (not the actual technical terms, but a representation of how certain the system is in your GPS abuse :)).
The latter is fairly bulletproof; I am yet to see any honest player fall under that category, while the first one is merely a suspicion (that's what you've gotten): sometimes real players do strange stuff (e.g. drive down a motorway faster than the speed limit allows :)), so it is hard to tell whether there were any cheats involved.
Sometime ago suspicions like that wouldn't warrant any punishment, but unfortunately, many users still don't respect our rules today and believe they can get away with cheating, so it's been decided to issue warnings for anything mildly suspicious too just as a "preemptive strike" (after all, it happens quite rarely with honest players and it's not hard for me to review/remove their offences manually).

In any case, please let me know if this happens again and I apologize for any inconvenience caused!

No harm done; I assumed that a manual review would clear everything up, but wanted to make sure that would happen ASAP, as I am only out of my home area until Friday morning, so I need every check-in I can get. ;)

Thanks for your time, and the quick response.  :)

Now to get back to making my 2nd, and final, new base for this trip. 

• Like 1