Domination: Earth

Should I bother spending money?

Look, as it is well known by the community, I have been very doubtful of the games future. That being said I recently took a road trip and got several lands high enough to make the bases with just minimal amount of U$ (about 25$ worth USD) 

I'm here to ask straight up, should I spend the money or are you going to reset the game/sunset this soon? 

Like honestly, love the game but we haven't seen anything meaningful in months... Is this still a project worth our time or should we come back in 2.0? 

Hi @Republic of America,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and being upfront. I always encourage to do just that as I don't believe I've told a single lie on this forum and always share the truth about what's going on in my life whenever someone asks.

And as I mentioned in the news thread, I am still working on the 2.0 and my original intentions haven't changed: no matter the content changes, no accumulated progress will be reset; no one will have to start from scratch and no, the game is not going to get shut down - the servers are prepaid for the next 3 years and thanks to everyone's contributions DE has enough to run a lot longer than that.

The lack of updates to the current version does not come from the fact that I've "lost interest" in the project (so I continue to ask everyone to try and refrain from fuelling rumours and false accusations in Discord) or do not intend to develop it further, but because I am going through a number of various difficulties in my personal life that exhaust all of my available free time that I normally use to develop games (Flamefrost and "Domination: Earth"); difficulties due to which I am currently providing development services to two other companies (so yes, technically I have 3 concurrent jobs right now).

As you can imagine, with only 24 hours in a day there's only so many jobs one can fit in, but it would be unfair to assume that I prefer being tied up in someone else's office from 9am to midnight to working on my own projects. That would be the same as to say that I prefer renting an apartment to owning my own house. :)
So no, "Domination: Earth" and Flamefrost aren't getting "sunset" anytime soon (and unlikely ever) as I've spent almost 10 years of my life building them and I do not see myself launching a third game on my own (i.e. without a team and significant funding), so I am fully committed to making the existing games a success.

When will my personal issues be resolved and I get back into active development? Honestly, I do not know.
I have fears that my entire 2019 is likely to be focused on fixing our financial situation (sabotaged by the unsuccessful re-development of DE 2.0 via an external agency; lots of money went down the drain there!) via my 3rd party jobs, and there may not be any significant updates in this time.
But whenever I get a chance to work on my games - I do, that I can promise. ;)

Please post if you have any further questions!

• Like 2