Domination: Earth

Upcoming Rule Changes

Mr. D

19 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Deleting a Utility structure will now deduct its levels from your base.

When the "delete" button was introduced it was purely due to a large number of requests wanting to switch solar panels for turrets, turrets for silos etc. etc.
So the fact that this button is currently used to clear the same spot and continuously re-create the utility structure is another couching technique that we've been meaning to address for a long time.

This makes sense, and while it impacts play for me, it is certainly consistent with the game theme.

However, I'm not sure if it is a bug or a feature, but as I am going through the process of removing extraneous sangbags from some of my lands, I noticed that base points are being deducted as well, as seen in the image. As there were no base points awarded for placing these, I would suspect that it is a bug. If so, this should be fixed.

Screenshot_20190530-141927_Domination Earth.jpg

Yep, sorry! Regular structures are not supposed to deduce points indeed.

There is also another known issue that seems to prevent certain payers from receiving points, that and the deduction problem will be addressed in a hotfix later tonight. ;)

• Thanks 1

Deleting buildings deducing base points has now been fixed!

All new land captures that weren't awarding points before are also once again functional.

Please let me know if you run into any other issues. ;)

10 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

What about the name influence?

Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed now that the term travel points is used in a dozen of places in 8 languages. :)
I also think that the term "Travel Points" is pretty much self-explanatory: even without a tutorial you get the sense that you have to travel to earn those points.
"Influence" is very generic and without an explicit tutorial text it would be unclear how to earn it.