Domination: Earth

Base Move Cost

Luna

As far as I can tell, players only get one base move before they have to pay money. If you waste that move early on (if, for example, you don’t realize you can only do it once), it’s gone forever. Not only that, but from talking with a friend that also plays, base move costs start scaling exponentially. I really think there should be some way of gaining those moves back while still minimizing abuse of the system. Maybe there could be a one month cooldown, or you get a base move “credit” for starting a new base somewhere else.

If there’s already a way of gaining back free base moves please let me know, but there doesn’t seem to be any indication of it in-game.

Actually, the cost for moving a base is capped at 5 Unobtainium, not exponentially increasing.

I will agree that the prices for base movements are not clear, and they should be. I believe that the first move is free, the second costs 1 Unobtainium, and it is 5 Unobtainium after that.

I didn’t know it stopped at 5, but the game doesn’t give any indication it won’t keep increasing the cost. Maybe bases could be moved using the new travel points, since that seems in line with the theme of the game.

3 hours ago, AndyP said:

If you are loaded with powerups and visiting somewhere that has lots of available resources.

I can attest to this strategy. Sometimes it makes more sense to move a base than sit around for an hour to create one. More like 80 minutes to build the base then get a level 1 warehouse to access said power ups. However, I will leave the base there and create a new base near my home rather than move it back.

17 hours ago, AndyP said:

If you are loaded with powerups and visiting somewhere that has lots of available resources.

So you load them *before* you leave your base..? 

Sounds like a convenience that can be purchased for unobtanium to me (Same with the moving your base instead of creating a new one), not a must have gameplay feature...