Jump to content
Domination: Earth

Recommended Posts

I check the leaderboards frequently and noticed that there has been no change in the "Richest Lands" statistic since the addition of travel points. It used to update maybe once a day at least.

Also, any idea if or when cumulative travel points will have its own leaderboard? I think that was requested a while back with an indication that it would be added.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, S Keillan said:

I check the leaderboards frequently and noticed that there has been no change in the "Richest Lands" statistic since the addition of travel points. It used to update maybe once a day at least.

Hmm... there were no updates to the money board for a few months indeed (even prior to the travel point addition), but perhaps this means that the top richest players were simply unable to gain more resources than their last score yet?
After all, the board only updates when you end up with more money in your current possession than you've ever had before.
Or is the board actually showing less money than you currently have?

21 hours ago, S Keillan said:

Also, any idea if or when cumulative travel points will have its own leaderboard? I think that was requested a while back with an indication that it would be added.

That is a bit of a tricky question and it deserves an explanation in its own thread... however, I will provide you with a short honest answer: unfortunately, due to some 3rd party changes (starting with Google decommissioning Google+) certain parts of the development framework that DE is based on are now out of date and don't function, and upgrading the framework in an attempt to fix these issues (including a non-functional Google+ button) resulted in an even bigger breakdown of our code.
This means that I cannot release any updates to the game in the near future regardless of how small a change is, as DE no longer runs for me at all (very ironic, I know)!

I am now considering all the available options, but it's likely that there will be no app releases in the next few weeks, sorry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr. D said:

After all, the board only updates when you end up with more money in your current possession than you've ever had before.
Or is the board actually showing less money than you currently have?

I notice this in my wife's account, where her money balance has constantly been above her score on the leaderboard but no change has occurred. Also, I have noticed is the past that when I exceeded a previous score but spent some, the updated score was not the maximum that I achieved but rather a lower amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 8:25 PM, S Keillan said:

I notice this in my wife's account, where her money balance has constantly been above her score on the leaderboard but no change has occurred. Also, I have noticed is the past that when I exceeded a previous score but spent some, the updated score was not the maximum that I achieved but rather a lower amount.

That doesn't sound right at all; will investigate!

On 14/07/2019 at 11:35 PM, Grizzlyfilms said:

How long could it take for the leaderboard to take place? If I use my points now will the spent points accour in the leaderboard? 

Feel free to spend as many points as you like; all the required data is stored on the server already, we are just missing a user interface to display the results.
But your lifetime totals are being calculated in real-time as we speak!

For example, @Олег Поленин seems to be #1 in the Travel Points board currently with 5,045 points; @Grizzlyfilms, you are at #12 with 2,390. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...