Domination: Earth

2.1: Exploration Drone

Mr. D

Hi all,

As we all know, due to the current situation with COVID-19 many of us are unable to go outside and play "Domination: Earth" the way we used to.

To address this problem we are releasing a new feature of Exploration Drones available in version 2.1 and above!

drone-600.jpg.a11cafcd7e03130bb48b107d3780233e.jpg

Here's all you need to know about them:

• "Exploration Drone" is a new inventory item that cannot be manufactured, but can only be obtained by scrapping items (i.e. scanning barcodes).
  • Chance to receive this item while scanning a legitimate barcode is slightly above 30%.
  • Traditional inventory rules apply; each drone requires 1 inventory slot. If your inventory is full the drones will not be transported into the warehouse, but you will be awarded with resources for scrapping an item instead.
  • Drones can be activated both while travelling and within your base, i.e. while staying at home.
  • Upon activation each drone allows to capture a new land anywhere in the world, at least 50m away from any existing land of yours.
  • Same as with regular captures, when placing a land on your enemy's territory that territory has to be unprotected and contain no defence structures on it, otherwise the capture will fail.
  • Drones cannot be used to upgrade existing lands.
  • When landing, a drone will collect all resources within a 50m radius and capture any resource stations located within that radius.
  • Drone capture does generate new resources in the area after the initial landing and may trigger actions by the Ai.
  • When a drone-captured land reaches a level 5 via upgrades it will create a "military outpost" instead of a regular base.
    Military outposts follow exactly the same rules as normal bases, but look slightly different to help differentiate between places you've actually visited and bases established via a drone.
  • After the COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted the chance to receive an exploration drone will be lowered to <2%, so get them now while they're hot! ;)

Version 2.1 is now live on both the Play Store and App Store.

Please post if you have any questions!

1 hour ago, Олег Поленин said:

Personally, I wouldn't allow new lands being set outside of existing base radius areas. Strange places will fill will lands, like north/south poles.

Unless I am not reading this right, each new land from the Exploration Drone is within 50 metres of another. Unless one creates a ridiculously long chain, reaching far-distant places is not likely.

1 hour ago, S Keillan said:

Unless I am not reading this right, each new land from the Exploration Drone is within 50 metres of another. Unless one creates a ridiculously long chain, reaching far-distant places is not likely.

50m away or more. From land's border, not the center.

Actually, this 50m circle is also being drawn temporarily when placing the drone, though in my tests it seemed like 5m too small (eg. I had to leave some cap between the borders).

6 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Did you do this because Scott lost????

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. :D

6 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

I lost two drones there and they could only be "placed" west for the line. I only wanted Amundsen land!!!

Try scrolling the planet the other way round; your land could be on the "other" side. ;)
The world on Earth View has left and right borders, but even though you will see "more" of Earth when scrolling past them, the game only takes place between the first set of borders and lands do not replicate on further "copies" of Earth, if that makes sense.

So.. I'm digging it. There's a good bit of mischief to be had now..

But also i have to bring up the fact that I'm spending ubt to upgrade a flag that's getting attacked while i can't defend it. Are you thinking of any considerations towards loses or maybe turning off FoT attacks when ubt is involved?

I hear the mob at the door yelling "shutup and base it!" But i didn't want to base this flag and i shouldn't have to.

Also, if it functions as base but just looks different can it be moved and upgraded like a base or is it really just a troop of boy scouts earning their wilderness badge?

Edit: i suppose i can outlast this battle right? If i can keep it repaired for what is it? 200 minutes? Still kind of stinks when 10 bucks are riding on it 😕

Edited by Irrelevents
brains

3 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

Also, if it functions as base but just looks different can it be moved and upgraded like a base

Exactly the same as a regular base, no exceptions other than visuals (for now). ;)
Would be weird to move it, but you certainly can if you want to!

3 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

Are you thinking of any considerations towards loses or maybe turning off FoT attacks when ubt is involved?

Unfortunately, our Ai currently doesn't have any conditional logic based on UBT and it would be fairly painful to introduce, but it's also going to look like a pay-based "discrimination"; we'd never hear the end of the P2W complaints if our NPCs stopped attacking people who have/use UBT. :)

I'll have a think about any alternative solutions to this problem as it affects the regular unprotected flags as well (even when there's no UBT involved).
But for now building a wall and repairing it is the best bet; the battle will last 120 minutes, i.e. 12 rounds.

Really glad to hear that you're enjoying the new feature though! ;)

2 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

I've lost so many drones on this.

It says that I captured, but then it won't show flag and not on leaderboard

You are on the EARTH leaderboard. It's probably because you are capturing outside of national borders. (Look in Oceania for the leaderboard icon.)

4 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

I've lost so many drones on this.

It says that I captured, but then it won't show flag and not on leaderboard

Have you seen my advice to you above regarding this?

I'm positive that your lands exist, just not in the spot you're expecting them (try spinning the Earth the other way round)! ;)

The drones only expend a charge after a new land record is created, which is also why you're getting points in the leaderboard (the land-related boards count all of your existing flags. If you have a point there, it's linked to a flag somewhere).