Domination: Earth

So about that war..

Irrelevents

So I got attacked by 2 different ppl, seemingly at the exact same time, separated by several tanks of gas. I lost several towers that I'd put ubt into to defend an area to one, and i don't know how many flags to the other because i got no notifications. All problems that we All have with current war mechanics aside, the notifications Have to Work.

Another problem I'm having now, that Kell has been having for a while, is map filtering. My base is being attacked by towers that don't show up on the map because we're under a Very Impressive flag. Even going to the filters and turning everything except enemy lands off isn't working. I only found the towers once (not the second or third time) by clicking on the message when the towers attacked.

I'm sure there will be other smaller things if my rash doesn't suddenly disappear again, but this needs to be said now.

(Is there some timer on notifications? I put the game down for 2 days and they stop? Because now that I'm retaliating it wants me to know there's somebody coming ๐Ÿคจ

You know, really, just don't even reply. The notifications thing is real but i just had to step down from a war because the mechanics are just insufferable.

Not being able to defend while attacking, bases having Zero offense outside of premium currency and unable to defend from towers beyond repairing your concrete wall, which brings up the interface, and while i like the new design, is Not optimized for much of anything.

It's 3 screens and loading times to get to a repair screen. It's 3 screens and loading times to get to troop generation. The tiles are not, in fact, loading correctly on refresh or on view from messages. Tracking one person after tracking another effectively demands a restart. And a 20 message max log that's line itemed for every action buries messages that i need to see.. where am i getting attacked?

These are problems Inherent to the game. And we've been complaining about some of these for Years. They make wars unmanageable (And ultimately not fun). If wars are going to be a part of this game, they need to get some attention.

Speaking of war mechanics, I put some UBT into building a missile launcher level 2. When I tried to implement it, I got the message that no enemy lands were in range. A quick calculation shows the land is easily within the 10.5 km range, and the targeting circle covers the land in question. Sounds like a bug in the program.

Screenshot_20200405-205434_Domination Earth.jpg

Hiย @Irrelevents,

Really sorry about the painful experience you're having with the war mechanics; honestly, I did not realize it is causing so much grief!

I will put the issues you've described on top of my task list; will definitelyย think about the best ways to address these as soon as possible.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:42 AM, Irrelevents said:

The tiles are not, in fact, loading correctly on refresh or on view from messages.

That's unexpected; I haven't seen anything like that recently (you're running version 2.1.3 on Android, right?).
Could you please paste a screenshot illustrating how the non-loaded tile issue looks like from your end?

On 4/6/2020 at 11:36 AM, S Keillan said:

Speaking of war mechanics, I put some UBT into building a missile launcher level 2. When I tried to implement it, I got the message that no enemy lands were in range. A quick calculation shows the land is easily within the 10.5 km range, and the targeting circle covers the land in question. Sounds like a bug in the program.

Hmm, can't comment on that off the top of my head, but will replicate your account onย my test environment tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem; will get back to you with answers once I have them. ;)

14 hours ago, Mr. D said:

That's unexpected; I haven't seen anything like that recently (you're running version 2.1.3 on Android, right?).

Could you please paste a screenshot illustrating how the non-loaded tile issue looks like from your end?

This might be what is being referenced. The map goes totally weird with blank spots, and the tiles that remain do not show any lands or structures. It typically happens after leaving a base of land menu, and refreshes whenever I go into other menus like War or Messages. It's definitely a nuisance.

Also, I'm running Android 4 something.

Screenshot_20200407-110646_Domination Earth.jpg

Edited by S Keillan
  • Thanks 1