Domination: Earth

Enemies in this game

Kubogojev

Question

Hi guys. Playing this for two months. There is only me and AI according to my understanding of game at the moment. Of course enemy is main motivation factor here otherwise why I am building all the offence and defence? Lately I got enough money to freely built few towers and destroy all of the AI structures around my land (hit by hit) and reduce level of all AI lands to 1. Now AI seems to be boring enemy having many tower far from my base a I am loosing motivation to further grow. Yeah I still can build my army as AI stand with more units at all in the game, but missing WHY, as he is just passive, not doing anything. Is there chance there are some players around, but I don’t see them? Or will AI be more challenging in next rounds? Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

We do have lots of powerful opponents all over the world, so I'd keep your defences and armies on standby in case someone does stumble upon your lands. ;)

However, the world is big and even if all of our 100,000 registered players went online at the same time chances are that few of them will actually end up next to you (there isn't much I can do about that, unfortunately! :)).
We do plan to release more Ai-based features and make these encounters more challenging indeed, but in the meantime I can only advice exploring more of the world (to have bases in other cities) or invite some of your friends into the game, this way there will always be someone around. ;)

But any ideas and suggestions are more than welcome!

Understood. If that is the case and you know about playerbase as limitation to grow and limited playability with low playerbase, you should put some focus on singleplayer. AI improvement can be one option. But harder to program. What about AI can steal money and personell in the city, AI can be more aggresive with time passed and not just passively spreading level1 lands. Another option how to attract singleplayer is to build something big within my land. Expensive, needed special items. Pyramid? Why there are no other special items in the world to be found next to the money and soldiers? Why you cannot give player 5 Unobtanium during Eastern that he can try to build something expensive? People will not pay for the game without trial that it is worth. What about some missions, collect 2000 coins within 3 days to get one Unibtanium? Just one! There is thousands of ideas simply implementable. You just need to have interest to attract players for longer time to win breakpoint playerbase size. Then people will play more, invite friends and you can start thinking about businessmodel. This game has huge potential. I love it, but will not play it for long like this! I wish you a good luck!

20 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

There is thousands of ideas simply implementable.

I think you misunderstood my suggestion; we do not suffer from the shortage of ideas (I have 3 Trello boards filled with tickets and 6+ pages of ideas on the forum from Grizzlyfilms alone :)), my task list is several lifetimes long! :D 
But unfortunately, most of my day is preoccupied with my primary full-time job, so I have very little time left in the evenings and/or weekends to work on the game, which is why I have to pick what I work on very carefully.

So I keep asking for everyone's suggestions to see if a specific idea keeps popping up more than the others, this way I prioritize development and push more "popular" features to be done faster than any others.
However, rest assured that there will be many more updates in the future; the current state of the game is far from final! ;)

In fact, some of the things you mentioned are already being developed!

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you are working on further improvements in this excellent game. I know that it must be pain in the ass listening to “good ideas” which are not that easily implementable as player think! I will be quiet with further proposals and look forward to what will come soon. One more question while I’m progressing against AI. Again, only enemy in my map. If I will send all army (350 units) to attack level 1 land owned by AI which has 290 units, and I will by chance win the battle, will I win that land, or will this only land disapear, or will AI be completely elliminated from the game including all his lands, towers, base ( 50km away?) I just don’t know if it is worth to attack this land, or just ignore its presence and keep accumulating army units. Thanks again in advance!

No problem at all, all feedback is always welcome! :D

16 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

One more question while I’m progressing against AI. Again, only enemy in my map. If I will send all army (350 units) to attack level 1 land owned by AI which has 290 units, and I will by chance win the battle, will I win that land, or will this only land disapear, or will AI be completely elliminated from the game including all his lands, towers, base ( 50km away?) I just don’t know if it is worth to attack this land, or just ignore its presence and keep accumulating army units. Thanks again in advance!

Ai lands cannot be captured, only destroyed, and the Ai will continue building new lands & structures even after your victory.

But the Ai will stop all activity for 7 days if you find and destroy their base. ;)
Any other lands and structures will not automatically disappear though, they still need to be destroyed individually.

Thanks. Than AI ´s strenght is becoming different now. There is around 300 lands owned by them around my home land. Now I need 300 units to attack 1 enemy land. If I win the battle, I will loose most of the units from my army and destroy only one single land. AI will create another 100 lands till I collect large army again. It doesn’t make any sense to attack him! Only if.... fact is, that for killing 300 units of AI during the battle I get 300 victory point which I can use for perks to get +1 personell after collection. For 600 victory +2.... Hmmm, let’s do some math here..... 

thanks for keeping my brain busy :)

• Like 1