Domination: Earth

2.3.0: New Quest System

Mr. D

Hi all,

An exciting release has landed onto the Play Store and will appear on the App Store shortly:
we are saying goodbye to our old "Goals" page and hello to the brand new "Quests" tab!

That's right, starting from version 2.3.0 "Domination: Earth" features a system of quests and a new tutorial process based on these.

Here's a brief summary of what you need to know about quests:

• Each "Quest" consists of one or more requirements and rewards. Requirements can include almost anything: from resource and item collection to attacking the AI and establishing new bases.

• After registering a new account your quest log will contain two quests: start of the tutorial chain ("Establishing First Base") and one regular quest.
    Existing accounts / veteran players who've completed the legacy tutorial will be prompted to complete the new tutorial after performing one of the basic actions (capturing new land, upgrading a building etc.), so don't worry, no one's going to miss out on rewards. ;)

• Your Quest Log allows to store 3 concurrently active quests (unless expanded using Unobtainium), but all tutorial quests are "free" and will not occupy a quest slot.
    Completing / abandoning a quest will free up a slot to start a new quest accordingly.
    Please note that the "One quest to rule them all" is not part of the tutorial chain and does occupy a quest slot until completed.

• Quest progress is recorded after the quest is started. So if a quest asks to collect 50 Supplies and you already have 1,000 in your possession you're still going to have to get out and collect 50 more to complete the quest.

• New quests appear all around the world just like resources, but unlike resources they cannot be collected via drones, land captures or items.
    Each quest has to be collected manually from no further than 100m by using the small "hand" button on its marker tooltip.

• There are roughly 3 quests available per 15x15km area at all times, so the 3 quests you see around you are the quests you'll have to collect (their number will not change). However, quests reset every 7 days, so if the current set is completely inaccessible they will reappear elsewhere eventually.

• Most quest contents are procedurally generated and non-tutorial quests can be repeated more than once, so you may encounter the same quest again, but its objectives and rewards are likely to differ every time.
    Additionally, the same quest may appear as time-based (and can be failed) or infinite depending on your luck.

• If you fail a time-based quest its timer can be restarted using Unobtainium. The current quest progress will not reset and you'll be able to continue completing the quest from where you left off.

• Completion of the basic tutorial and a couple of other quests offer Unobtainium in reward.

• A new "Quests" map filter is now available on Earth View allowing to show/hide quest locations.

Additionally, the following non-quest adjustments were made:

• As many countries around the world are lifting the COVID-19 related restrictions we've lowered the chance to obtain Exploration Drones from scrapping, so you will see a lot fewer of them from now on.
    However, an occasional quest may offer Exploration Drones as rewards now. ;)

• Added new icons for items, regional leaderboards and travel points.

• Each land and base now has a "Manage" button in their context menus on Earth View allowing easier access to the building list.

• "Scrap Items" can now be accessed via a button on Earth View that has replaced the old "Goals" button.

• Maximum level of all Perks has been increased.

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:

A new "Quests" map filter is now available on Earth View allowing to show/hide quest locations.

I just updated and still have only the old six filter options.

Btw, nice new items icon ;)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I just updated and still have only the old six filter options.

How bizarre!

Could be the cache; can you please try manually clearing the app's data from the settings?

This is how the filters are supposed to look like:

IMG_20200506_225507_637.thumb.JPG.dd714ad71ef4a31c7b89e88230ccae69.JPG

I am one of the people with the new claim land quest that can't be completed. I have been out today and landed / planted a new flag as well. I see on the discord channel I may have to move my base to the new land, do I really need to do that as I kind of like my base at home as it's where I spend 23.5 hours a day currently!

9 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

Sound great. Is it for iOS or Android or both? I don’t see item in iOS market yet

Both, but App Store was lagging behind a bit.
Should be available now though, please check! ;)

7 hours ago, S Keillan said:

seems to be no way to complete it. That button is darkened out.

What do you mean "no way"? What about the only way - completing the objective? :D
As stated in the announcement above, there are no shortcuts:

12 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Quest progress is recorded after the quest is started. So if a quest asks to collect 50 Supplies and you already have 1,000 in your possession you're still going to have to get out and collect 50 more to complete the quest.

This applies to bases as well. It doesn't matter if you have 50 bases already, if the quests asks you to establish a new base you have to establish a new base.
Ignore the text (as it's aimed at the newly created accounts that can deploy the base with a single capture) and simply plant a new base the same way you did with all of your other bases: by travelling beyond the existing base's radius and upgrading a new land to level 5.

3 hours ago, Bumegg said:

I may have to move my base to the new land, do I really need to do that as I kind of like my base at home as it's where I spend 23.5 hours a day currently!

Please don't do that as it won't help at all!
The quest is asking you to add one more base to your collection. It won't be satisfied if you move an existing base or just capture a new land.
You have to establish a new base somewhere else.

When in doubt, look at the icons and numbers in the "Requirements" bar: that's what you need to do!
If there's an icon of a flag - you need to capture a land. If there's an an icon of a base - you need to establish a new base. Simple!

OK, I simply misinterpreted the original statement, thinking that if one had already gone through the goals before that it was given. At least we determined that Military Outposts count as a created new base, so I was able to complete the quest that way.

4 minutes ago, S Keillan said:

OK, I simply misinterpreted the original statement, thinking that if one had already gone through the goals before that it was given. At least we determined that Military Outposts count as a created new base, so I was able to complete the quest that way.

Awesome, glad you've been able to progress!

There are some quests that require completing the objective via specific means (e.g. using a drone or the flag capture), but this requirement will be displayed as an additional icon next to the progress counter. ;)
All tutorial steps are fairly generic though.

• Thanks 1

После обновления выявился баг. При разборе вещей, после сканирования штрихкода не показывается какие вещи получены. Количество зарядов уменьшается, а результат разбора неизвестен

Edited by BlackDuckling

Hi, I'm one of the very few Italian players left. If I wanted to start the new tutorial how do I do it? And above all, in this period it is quite difficult for me to get out of the radius of the base (which is huge) to form a new one from a level 5 territory, as well as for transport reasons, also because of the Coronavirus. How can I do?

Edited by Mattia_Diomede

5 hours ago, BlackDuckling said:

После обновления выявился баг. При разборе вещей, после сканирования штрихкода не показывается какие вещи получены. Количество зарядов уменьшается, а результат разбора неизвестен

Thank you for the report and my apologies for the issue! Please try scrapping again and let me know if the reward messages still don't appear. ;)

4 hours ago, Mattia_Diomede said:

Hi, I'm one of the very few Italian players left. If I wanted to start the new tutorial how do I do it? And above all, in this period it is quite difficult for me to get out of the radius of the base (which is huge) to form a new one from a level 5 territory, as well as for transport reasons, also because of the Coronavirus. How can I do?

I'm really sorry to hear about the current situation in your country, but the only thing I can recommend at this point is to ignore the new tutorial until you regain the ability to travel.
That tutorial quest does not occupy a quest slot, so you should still be able to take at least 2 other new quests that do not require to travel that far (and if they do you can simple abandon them and take some others ;)).
There is the ability to capture remote lands using Exploration Drones and upgrade these to level 5 (this would also satisfy the tutorial requirements), but this option is only available if you have some Unobtainium in your possession.

In any case, I apologize for the inconvenience caused, this global pandemic has sabotaged all travel-related industries and our game too.
But at the moment we are hopeful and do not plan to change the core game mechanics with a focus on playing exclusively from home; I do believe that the virus will be defeated eventually and we will all get to explore our planet once again. ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luna said:

Any chance the spawns could be weighted to not appear in water very often? I live next to a lake and it kind of sucks when half of the quests are just unreachable.

I feel your pain, but it is problematic to make a generic rule like that: there are some countries that consist primarily of small islands and boats are a common form of transport.
Restricting quests to land would not only make it super easy to play from such islands (everything always spawns right next to you :)), but would kill all the fun for the boat users.

This is why the quests respawn every 7 days though!

19 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Grazie per il rapporto e le mie scuse per il problema! Per favore prova di nuovo a demolire e fammi sapere se i messaggi di ricompensa non vengono ancora visualizzati.;)

Mi dispiace davvero sapere della situazione attuale nel tuo paese, ma l'unica cosa che posso raccomandare a questo punto è ignorare il nuovo tutorial fino a quando non riacquisti la capacità di viaggiare.
Quella missione tutorial non occupa uno slot missione, quindi dovresti comunque essere in grado di prendere almeno altre 2 nuove missioni che non richiedono di viaggiare così lontano (e se lo fanno puoi semplicemente abbandonarle e prenderne altre  ;)).
C'è la possibilità di catturare terre remote usando Exploration Drones e aggiornarle al livello 5 (questo soddisferebbe anche i requisiti del tutorial), ma questa opzione è disponibile solo se hai un Unobtainium in tuo possesso.

In ogni caso, mi scuso per l'inconveniente causato, questa pandemia globale ha sabotato tutte le industrie legate ai viaggi e anche il nostro gioco.
Ma al momento siamo fiduciosi e non prevediamo di cambiare le meccaniche di gioco principali concentrandoci sul giocare esclusivamente da casa; Credo che alla fine il virus verrà sconfitto e tutti esploreremo nuovamente il nostro pianeta.;)

Drone option? I have never heard of it and even having a look I find it on the game. For the questions I solved, I uploaded that of the tutorial and other missions to collect have appeared on the map today. They are not far away, I will try to collect them without being fined by the police 🙃. Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

Ok, I am progressing in quests. One hint for those who will start and for developer also. Emagine this scenario: I travelled 100km to build by 2nd base and finish quest. Then I was tired to run for coins and decided to wait over night and continue questing next day. But in the evening as I have money from my first base, I build barracks, tower, assembly plant, all basic base stuff. Next day right after coin quest #2, a new quest appear to build barracks??? Guys, cmon! Why game didn’t warn me, don ´t build anything in base until you are requested by quest?!?! Should I now travel next 100km to build next new base and next new barracks?! I was lucky not to do that and now I am attacking AI land to get my first UNOB. Alert!

C'mon! It's a tutorial... You know that, right? 🙃

If you just logged in for the first time, you don't have to travel 100km for your first base and you don't have *any* resources to build *anything* yet alone all the structures. So you progress naturally.

Can't do it right now? Move on to the actual quests and leave the tutorial alone..? 🙃

Sorry you misunderstood. For new player it is fine as they have no resources. But for existing player with base who must travel 100km to create new base to actually start quest, it is not fine. Many players will hurry and right after 2nd base they will equip it as they have money from 1st base. That is a big mistake I pointed out as quest #4 will be ´build a barracks’

Tutorials are not meant for older players who know how to build barracks and other stuff newbies are asking about.

We got it just so we don't miss out on rewards, I guess, but it's not something we should now complain about because it's too easy to do... Not like it's going to be a problem in a month or two, when all oldies complete it (or decide not to bother) and only new players are going to have it... 

So as a heads up for older players - cool 😊 but for developers... Not sure how it's something they should worry about...

Thanks for letting us earn some extra unobtainium, @Mr D! 🙃

Edited by Eerienkah
  • Like 1

One question. I missed to pick-up quest as time is up. Questionmark is however still in the map and there is no other one in the area. Do I have to pick expired one first to get new one, or can I ignore it and search for the new ones? Thank you

13 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

One question. I missed to pick-up quest as time is up. Questionmark is however still in the map and there is no other one in the area. Do I have to pick expired one first to get new one, or can I ignore it and search for the new ones? Thank you

When the quest expires there may be a small delay before it actually disappears & reappears as there's a "quest cleanup cycle" which is a separate process linked to nearby player activity.

So if you still see a quest on the map you can pick it up indeed (it will work), but it may not be wise to start a really long travel to do so as it can disappear any moment. :)
Usually this delay is fairly small though, so please let me know if you have lots of expired quests lying around for hours.

12 hours ago, S Keillan said:

The "walkie-talkie" is actually a Radio Transmitter. This is an item that you can carry or store in a Warehouse. These can also be produced at an Assembly Plant.

Thanks. Makes sence. But if this is really so, it is not very motivating award :) I can produce this for 1 piece of supplies, often deleting it as I rather keep space for supermagnets. Capture 15 factories for reward of 8 radios? Hmmm