Domination: Earth

Inventory Size Adjustment

Mr. D

Hi all,

It has come to my attention (thanks to a report by @RobotWizard9 ;)) that hundreds of players have been limited to only 3 inventory slots while others had access to 10 slots for quite some time.

This is not an intended feature and I apologize for that, the situation wasn't really fair by any standard!

Having reviewed the associated game mechanics it has been decided to set the new global default for inventory slots to 5: everyone's inventory slots have been adjusted accordingly.
Extra slots received via Unobtainium upgrades remain unchanged.

I understand that many of you are used to having 10 inventory slots from the start, but looking at the statistics and the overwhelming majority of players relying on a strategy of "vacuuming the city" by activating 10 super magnets as opposed to actually going somewhere, this seemed like a good moment to review the balance and bring a bit more value to physical travels again.

I am also conscious that many quests offer more than 5 items as a reward; to counterbalance that it has now been allowed to receive quest reward items directly into your warehouse (regardless of its location) when your inventory is full.

As always, please post if you have any questions or concerns!

Gotta tell ya Dan, this doesn't look like a good idea. Historically you've been very reasonable about avoiding areas that encourage spending ubt, this isn't one of them.

Now we have a situation where we can stack 10x items but can only hold 5. The immediate assumption is "well I guess I have to buy the other 5 now" (cue the eye rolling)

The other less obvious choice that players will get to is having to go pick up items from their base area, leave, equip them and then come back for 5 more, which really just feels like a deliberate waste of my time.

Truthfully, I'm reluctant to even bring this up because i suspect your solution is to remove the  "incentive" by reducing the stack limit to 5.. then we have 2 solutions to a problem that nobody but you had.

All of this is aside from the fact that I've already spent money to support this game and have 3 complete 10x runs ready to go in inventory. Now i have 2.5 so now what? Do i have to spend more, or did i spend too much? It looks to me like I've wasted literally Hundreds of ubt.

Edited by Irrelevents
redundancy is redundant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, S Keillan said:

Is there any change to the number of active slots available to players, or has that also been reduced as well?

Negative, it is still possible to activate 10 concurrent items.

6 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

solutions to a problem that nobody but you had.

It is ironic how consistently I am being perceived as a person with such a superfluous amount of free time that I have nothing better to do than mess around with the game's rules. :)
The reality is that nothing would make me happier than not having to change anything in the game and knowing that "Domination: Earth" runs itself since everyone is already happy with what we've got (especially considering my 12-hour shifts the primary job... sometimes a break from writing code is all I want! :D).
However, behind every change there is a wave of emails and private messages from players who think the rules aren't quite right.
So no, there is no such thing as a "problem that nobody but me had" in my world. :)

In this case I have acted on a series of reports about the "overpowered" radius of 10 super magnets.
Having reviewed all data and the way our players behave we agreed to make it more difficult to achieve this radius from the start.

Additional 5 concurrently activated items are an advantage / shortcut to the travel-based resource collection mechanics and most shortcuts like that in DE cost Unobtainium, so this is no secret that the extra 5 slots are now a paid feature.

Please understand that this change is not aimed at crippling yourself (to be honest, I did not expect you to notice much difference with 20 additional inventory slots already purchased, for which I am grateful, of course :)), but designed to make it more difficult to mass-collect resources for average players, most of whom never upgraded their inventory at all.

You did not overpay for the upgrades though as their cost is based on the number of unlocked slots above the base minimum, not the combined total, so anyone trying to purchase 20 additional slots today will spend the same amount of UBT as you did.

My point wasnt saying that i overpayed at the time. My point was that at the time i paid for exactly what i wanted.

And considering that you intend to leave the number of active charges the same but have reduced the starting carry limit, now i don't have what i wanted in the first place. So it isn't that i didn't overpay, it's that now I've paid for something i wouldn't want in the first place.

There's no reason i would ever want to spend ubt such that i have half a stack of inventory space.. just because. And at the levels i was spending, the amount was not insignificant.

My point being is i don't really care if you want to reduce the initial carry limit, but in doing so you've effectively made me waste ubt i never would have spent to begin with.

Honestly, I'd like to be reimbursed for 5 expensive inventory spaces.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:13 AM, Mr. D said:

Having reviewed the associated game mechanics it has been decided to set the new global default for inventory slots to 5: everyone's inventory slots have been adjusted accordingly.
Extra slots received via Unobtainium upgrades remain unchanged.

Now I got 5 slots, although I've spent an unobtainium in the past few days to add one more (going from 3 to 4).

401056742_Screenshot_20200609-222008_DominationEarth.thumb.jpg.a281dffcd2de5fa873681b5c713a2b4b.jpg

Edited by TetragDagon, Inc.

9 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

Honestly, I'd like to be reimbursed for 5 expensive inventory spaces.

No problem, 360 UBT refunded for the last 5 slots; you should have 20 in total now.

3 hours ago, TetragDagon, Inc. said:

Now I got 5 slots, although I've spent an unobtainium in the past few days to add one more (going from 3 to 4).

My apologies for that!
Additional slot restored; you should now have 6. ;)

• Thanks 2