Domination: Earth

Stacking Captures Request

S Keillan

In discussion with @TetragDagon, we have an idea that should be welcomed by many players. Currently, the flag capture every fifteen minutes can be stressful as not everyone’s schedule is conducive to this, even while travelling. Our idea is to have some stack of captures that may accumulate over a short time. That is, a player could save up a few captures to use later.

This would allow players to perhaps save up for building a higher-level land that may be used for constructing certain buildings, or even for a base. One could also be more strategic with placement of lands without sacrificing time. It would only slightly increase the number of captures due to being asleep. Furthermore, it would fit better into players’ schedules and give them more incentive to play.

This could be a standard feature, or perhaps a feature earned by perks.

• Like 2

I have been thinking about something similar myself in the past, but I couldn't decide on the associated rule (i.e. what do you have to do to accumulate these captures) that wouldn't devalue land capture efforts invested by our players under the current mechanics.

I am leaning towards these "extra captures" having a resource cost associated with them, but will need to think about all the options some more. ;)
I do like the idea of making this a new perk though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The idea that I have is that when the 15-minute timer ends for a new capture, instead of ending, it restarts with a new 15-minute interval. A capture is available and may be saved for later, perhaps concurrent with the next capture. This thus would not add new captures (which can be done with drones anyway). Also, this would not continue indefinitely, with maybe being able to save up some before the timer stops. If it is unlocked with perks, that number can be connected with the perk level.

• Like 1