Domination: Earth

Attackes by 1 FoT army in 3 bases?

The new FoT is off course much more active.  But now 1 army from 1 base seems to be attacking 3 of my bases. 541 forces attacking 3 at the same time that are close seem to much of a weird chance... 

However; the losses are not accumulated, so now I fight 1500 troops. I will win but this seems a bit exsessive and something seems wrong?

4 hours ago, The one true king said:

However; the losses are not accumulated, so now I fight 1500 troops

How do you know that the losses are not accumulated?
Does each battle show a different number of enemy soldiers after dealing some damage?

If yes, then you have been attacked by more than one base indeed: army-related numbers in combat are taken directly from the associated base and are updated in real time, so it is not possible to see different values for the same attacking base.

However, if the number is synchronized between all 3 battles then everything is correct: the same army can participate in multiple attacks as per the combat rules update dated the 7th of April:

On 6/21/2020 at 5:15 AM, ValarMorghulis said:

I'd like to add that isn't the AI supposed to follow the same rules as human players? I'm sure they do not have the same 1 hour cooldown as us which makes no sense

The same rules do apply indeed and the AI is also a subject to the 1 hour cooldown (per base, same as players).

On 6/19/2020 at 7:17 PM, The one true king said:

they can also use troops more efficiently

The combat changes announcement referenced in my previous post applies to both players and the Ai, so you are also able to use your troops more efficiently in exactly the same way as the Ai. :)

The only "unfair advantage" that the Ai has for now (as I do plan to adjust this in the future) is the ability to construct towers and missile launchers on lower level lands than players, that's it.
And something tells me that if the Ai didn't have their own "invisible" pool of resources (and stole your resources from the map instead) that would be much more unfair towards players. ;)

On 6/19/2020 at 7:17 PM, The one true king said:

So it is really a matter of time before they wear down all defences.

As always, if the Ai becomes overly active all you have to do is destroy their base, then clean up the area from any remaining lands of terror. Peace and quiet guaranteed for 7 days.

Once you've defeated their main army and destroyed the base it should not be an issue to keep them at bay and prevent from growing again. ;)

I am playing this for 7 months and my feeling is, Ai is shitty army with no strategy. I am happy when they create new lands and buildings, as for me it is Pracekeeping points!!! Make them even harder as I love challenges! And don’t touch my resources, they are mine. Or I will send army. Greetings to developer(s)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 5:49 AM, Mr. D said:

The same rules do apply indeed and the AI is also a subject to the 1 hour cooldown (per base, same as players).

I don't believe you. I've noticed that after the AI update they have become so triggerhappy that they disregard combat cooldown rules. See pics taken by @Max SirenScreenshot_20200712-221934_Domination_Earth__01.thumb.jpg.dc444833fa3bc223d08540d5180ea117.jpgScreenshot_20200712-221925_Domination_Earth__01.thumb.jpg.d010fdfd158c291d97450b5b866767fc.jpgScreenshot_20200712-221646_Domination_Earth__01.thumb.jpg.05749eb0c2561a6bcf5db6d90d884756.jpg

Edited by ValarMorghulis

This is getting confusing.  What i think happened to max has happened to me and is fairly repeatable. I attack the ai and the ai will launch a counter attack on me while the first battle is still going. I'm pretty sure we can't do that but I'll try to test it. It should be noted that this has an associated problem, namely when you have attacked a tower or a missile silo and the ai counterattacks, when they run out of troops and lose their counter it also stops your attack on the structure and you have to start over in an hour.

I'm not sure about King's part though, you said it was possible for the ai to attack 3 different points at once and i tested that, and i couldn't

SmartSelect_20200630-102847_Domination Earth.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, Irrelevents said:

I attack the ai and the ai will launch a counter attack on me while the first battle is still going

As mentioned in the following thread this is a global change; anyone should be able to launch a counter attack while the first battle is still going (unless your army cooldown is already active):

Remember, the army cooldown starts only after all battles in which that army participates are over.
It is possible for it to engage in other battles while defending.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:06 AM, ValarMorghulis said:

And yes, same land being attacked

Looks like a weird glitch, but it shouldn't affect the combat calculation much; active combat record (containing data about the next wave, casualties, damage etc.) exists per land.
I will investigate this, of course.

I do plan to run some tests on the Ai when I find some free time to ensure that there's no rule violation compared to human players. ;)

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, Mr. D said:

As mentioned in the following thread this is a global change; anyone should be able to launch a counter attack while the first battle is still going (unless your army cooldown is already active)

Are you sure about that? @Irrelevents tried this out and confirmed this to not be the case unless there is more specific conditions to do it.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, ValarMorghulis said:

Are you sure about that? @Irrelevents tried this out and confirmed this to not be the case unless there is more specific conditions to do it.

Should be the case, but as always there are numerous factors to consider.

Let me try this out in the near future and confirm.
Currently all of my DE time is focused on fighting for our publishing rights on the Play Store, but once that's over I will try not to forget to run some tests. ;)