Domination: Earth

2.4.1 Expert Settler UI adjustments

Mr. D

Hi all,

Version 2.4.1 appeared on the Play Store and App Store, featuring:

• Adjusted land capture button: number of "Expert Settler" charges is now displayed in the title and the exact amount of time until the next recharge is shown on the yellow button itself.

• Added a confirmation window listing the exact land capture cost appearing only when the land capture isn't free.

• Maximum amount of resources you can store is now displayed in the resource boxes on the construction window.

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback. ;)

• Like 1

I was hoping that push notifications would be back to normal...

One thought is make the game push a notification for when a new capture is available, regardless of how many are saved up. This should not really be problematic as it would be a mere few more than normal, yet it would function regularly.

2 hours ago, Max Siren said:

Found a related issue.  I remote-upgraded a land for 5 Unobtainium, and it consumed a stored capture, and 4% TP!!!, in the process without a confirmation dialog.  I did not intend to do this, and only wanted to see what the TP cost would be, then cancel.

Hmm, sorry for that!
The remote upgrade should only consume 5 UBT without using the stored capture resources.
I'll address that problem. ;)

Can you tell me your current resource limit (e.g. supplies or personnel) by going to the construction window?
This way we can work out how many travel points you've lost and I can refund those.

1 hour ago, Max Siren said:

It's fairly straightforward in my case, as I only have 2 bases:  70 + 3 = 73, so 7300 TP "cap".  4% is 292 TP.

Thank you!

No worries, 292 TP restored. ;)

The underlying bug is now also fixed; remote upgrades should no longer cost any additional resources beyond UBT.

Confirmation windows for non-UBT upgrades will be added in one of the upcoming releases.

• 1 month later...

I just encountered a new issue related to the reset of the capture counter after placing a new utility structure. So it just appeared that when I place a new sentry turret, the capture counter does not reset on client side but on server side. This was an older issue. However, now this also leads to no confirmation pop up coming up asking if i want to spend some resources to capture again. The server of course still knows about my second capture within 15 minutes thus collecting the price without any warning. 
This way I just lost about half my travel points because of being fast, a little to tired but most of all a missing confirmation pop up. 

• Thanks 1

So I just spent about 800 Travel Points for something I don't even know... not like I already lost over 1000 not even a week ago. You really need to do something about those extremely costly captures without any warning or confirmation pop up. Weeks of progress may be lost in seconds without even noticing. At the moment I'd rather have an option to disable the whole expert settler feature individually than encountering those huge losses over and over again due to a single random click or whatever happens...

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole idea of this feature as well as the idea of Travel Points but it's really pointless to spend those tremendous amounts of Travel Points just for an additional capture (at least most of the time). But encountering this without even intentionally deciding to do so is painful.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:20 AM, Ruvox said:

So I just spent about 800 Travel Points for something I don't even know... not like I already lost over 1000 not even a week ago. You really need to do something about those extremely costly captures without any warning or confirmation pop up. Weeks of progress may be lost in seconds without even noticing. At the moment I'd rather have an option to disable the whole expert settler feature individually than encountering those huge losses over and over again due to a single random click or whatever happens...

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole idea of this feature as well as the idea of Travel Points but it's really pointless to spend those tremendous amounts of Travel Points just for an additional capture (at least most of the time). But encountering this without even intentionally deciding to do so is painful.

Really sorry for this!

I am on the case, this confirmation should be included in the next release. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:20 AM, Ruvox said:

You really need to do something about those extremely costly captures without any warning or confirmation pop up

Hmm... unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce what you're describing: placing a new utility structure and upgrading that utility structure both produce a confirmation window illustrating the cost of the 2nd+ capture.

Are you definitely running the latest version of the app (2.6.0)?
It should be easy to verify by checking if you are able to select an individual utility structure and upgrade it via the small flag on its tooltip (exactly the same as the remote land upgrades).
If you do not have that small flag button then your app may be out of date!

On 10/16/2020 at 2:57 AM, Kubogojev said:

Max 1% of resource cap, not 4%

The cost changes randomly every day, so sometimes it will be 1%, sometimes - more. ;)

7 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Are you definitely running the latest version of the app (2.6.0)?

This issue was before 2.6.0 and seems to be fixed now. At least the counter resets again after the placement of the new utility structure. Although I still dis not tried this in those ca. 2 seconds before it resets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so the basic issue still persists. Whenever I hit the capture button, which did not display the counter and cost although it should, the capture action will happen without any confirmation window and will cost an (at that time to me) unknown) amount of resources. So the server works perfectly but the client seems to be sleepy sometimes. Or in other words, the capture button will always trigger a capture operation request to the server directly as long as it looks normal (doesn't show x% of resource below). 

This happens to me a couple times a week mostly if the client is very busy or if I hit capture, change to another app and then resume to the game within the next 15 minutes hitting the capture button directly again since it looks like I could.