Domination: Earth

2.5.0 Base Actions

Mr. D

Hi all,

A new update has been released to the Play Store and App Store.

Featuring:

• Land capture button (flag) is now disabled when in proximity of a base.

• Instead, you will now see a new dashboard titled "Actions available while stationed at a base" offering several options with independent cooldowns per base:
    1. Daily reward (24 hour cooldown)
    2. Fortify (15 minute cooldown)
    3. Produce Money (30 second cooldown)
    4. Produce Supplies (30 second cooldown)
    5. Produce Personnel (30 second cooldown)

• "Daily reward" awards players with a variable amount of a random resource. Each base has its own daily reward, so if you manage to visit more than one base per day you will be able to collect multiple daily rewards.

• "Daily reward" offers the ability to collect your reward straight away or attempt to gamble with it ("Double or Nothing").
    There is a 50% chance to double the offered reward and a 50% chance to lose it all.
    Maximum reward from gambling is limited by your current resource storage capacity or 1,000 supplies/personnel (10,000 money), whichever is lower.

• Losing a "Double or Nothing" attempt offers to reset the daily reward ("Restart") for 2 UBT or continue rolling the dice for 3 UBT.
    Please note that continuing to roll the dice after a failure using Unobtainium does not guarantee success; the 50/50 chance still applies.
    Restarting the daily reward will regenerate its contents, so a different resource or a different amount may appear instead.

• "Fortify" improves your base's defences. This effect was previously available via the land capture button.

• "Produce" buttons will generate a new resource somewhere in the area and highlight its location, so that you know exactly what and where has appeared.

• Global resource limit per area has been removed; instead, each resource now has its own individual limit. This way, for example, spawning a maximum amount of supplies will not block further generation of personnel or money.

• Fixed missing confirmation windows for the Expert Settler perk when performing remote land upgrades or station captures.

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback. ;)

Earlier today, I was at a base that I had moved on top of a newly-placed land. I tried to use the remote land capture button, but I accidentally selected the one for the base. It triggered a defence bonus as before, in addition to the Fortify button. I wonder why base lands even have a remote capture button since they are not lands in the traditional sense. My suggestion would be to disable those as well.

1 hour ago, S Keillan said:

Earlier today, I was at a base that I had moved on top of a newly-placed land. I tried to use the remote land capture button, but I accidentally selected the one for the base. It triggered a defence bonus as before, in addition to the Fortify button. I wonder why base lands even have a remote capture button since they are not lands in the traditional sense. My suggestion would be to disable those as well.

Affirmative, these will be removed in the future.
The "second fortify" is left as a period of transition for the older app versions, but we will be getting rid of those eventually once everyone updates. ;)

• Thanks 1

This update semi-broke my game. Whenever I open the game I get the screen shown below. I have waited tens of minutes without any change so safe to say nothings loading. However I am able to use the tabs my lands, perks and quests and if I switch back to earth view, everything starts working. But having to shuffle between the tabs everytime to get map and flag button to open is probably not a intended feature 😁

Screenshot_20200912-153146__01.thumb.jpg.2792084c2fe722758006eaa3725be682.jpg

I'm coming in late with this report since I didn't update until today but also confirming it was this update.

• Thanks 1

So can we get the little popup notification that a resource has spawned (on flagging action) back? Some of us have developed a Pavlovian relationship to it and are experiencing mild withdrawal now that it's gone. 🐶

Also it would help us know if we've maxed out on generating a particular resource. We're guessing it's 100 of each but have no way to tell (except ask of course 😁)

On 9/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, Mr. D said:

3. Produce Money (30 second cooldown)
4. Produce Supplies (30 second cooldown)
5. Produce Personnel (30 second cooldown)

So a new resource gathering meta during lategame has born.

Step 1. After you have made a huge land (usually at home/work/school) move your base there.

Step 2. When low on resources just spawn the resource you need non-stop every 30 seconds until desired amount has been spawned.

Step 3. Use tracking satellite to pick up all those resources that spawned on your mega-land.

Step 4. ???

Step 5. Profit.

All of this can be done in the comfort of your own homes COUCH 😉

Please note: You will have to do a super magnet run every now and then to sweep those resources that spawned outside of your mega-lands radius though I don't see this as much of a problem as this will not happen that often as you will surely accumulate enough resources to last you a long time especially since no real useful resource sink has yet been introduced

(This post is obviously supposed to be taken as satire. My wish is to only point out a possible couching method if deemed as such)

Edited by ValarMorghulis

19 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

So can we get the little popup notification that a resource has spawned (on flagging action) back? Some of us have developed a Pavlovian relationship to it and are experiencing mild withdrawal now that it's gone. 🐶

Hmm... you may not believe it, but one of the reasons the "New resource appeared in the area" notification got removed is because it's been confusing some people. In the last 12 months alone I responded to roughly a dozen of emails asking about a "bug" that the new resource does not get added to the player's owned resource total (and I think we have a low-star review somewhere because of the same thing as the game "appears broken, resources don't get picked up"). :)
I will have a think about possible options though! 

19 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

Also it would help us know if we've maxed out on generating a particular resource. We're guessing it's 100 of each but have no way to tell (except ask of course 😁)

This number is a bit tricky to calculate as it varies depending on your location, but roughly speaking it's 50 items per 3km radius around any given coordinate (could be slightly more or less, depending on density of the existing resources).
I'll see if I can add some more info about this in one of the notifications!

18 hours ago, ValarMorghulis said:

All of this can be done in the comfort of your own homes COUCH 😉

Ugh. Thanks for bringing this to my attention @ValarMorghulis!
You are absolutely right, looks like I've been turning a blind eye to the satellite problem for a while now, but it's become especially visible due to the new 30-second resource generation mechanics.
Honestly, I think the Tracking Satellite mechanics are an out-of-date artifact from early days of the game and are due for a major revamp.
This building is pretty useless for all new players, but adds a significant advantage (and a couching strategy) to all veterans, and that has to change.
I will address this problem in the next release. ;)