Domination: Earth

2.6.0 In-app Update and Satellite Adjustments

Mr. D

Hi all,

Version 2.6.0 is now available on the App Store and Play store, featuring:

• Tracking Satellite can now be upgraded to level 3, allowing to collect an additional resource per building level.
    Construction cost has been adjusted to include peacekeeping points.

• Tracking Satellite resource collection action no longer costs personnel, but instead requires 5 Travel Points.
    This cost remains the same regardless of the building level, so a level 3 satellite will collect 3 random resources for 5 Travel Points.

• Version 2.6.0 contains an in-app updater, which will allow us to deploy hotfixes and UI adjustments without releasing new app versions. UI updates will be downloaded in the background upon launch and applied during the next restart of the app, no additional actions required.
    I hope that this will allow us to release updates more frequently and without any delays associated with app review on both platforms.
    Because of this important addition version 2.6.0 is now mandatory for all devices; previous app versions will be decommissioned as of today.

Please post if you have any questions!

9 minutes ago, Luna said:

one random resource is worth the tp cost.

Could be three random resources at level 3 though!

It was changed for two reasons:

• Complaints about the satellite consuming personnel, which makes collection of personnel via satellite less rewarding.

• Travel points are a good logical alternative as a satellite "fuel": this way you don't have to have resources to collect resources (TP are acquired by any travels, including those that don't result in any resource gain, so satellites reward those who travel instead of those who amassed a lot of personnel) and it is also another counter-couching measure (especially for people with 90+ bases and dozens of satellites). You have to have moved around in the real world a little bit to collect more resources via satellites from your couch. ;)

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have further questions!

And the first in-app update has landed!
Everyone should receive it after playing 2.6.0 for around a minute and restarting the app (if it doesn't happen straight away, don't panic, it will eventually ;)).

It is now possible to upgrade each individual utility structure by using a small "Flag" button on its tooltip (similar to remote land upgrades).
That is all. :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Celestius said:

This is nice, but having it automatically level the nearest was nice too. Maybe the flag button picks automatically and you can manually choose another structure by clicking it?

That's exactly how it works, yes. The old way to upgrade utility structures is still there. 😉

OK, here is what I dislike about the new Tracking Satellite mechanics:

• Travel Points resemble distance traveled. I would never travel 5 km just to acquire on random pile of resources. It's no good cost-benefit ratio.
  • You already nerfed the Tracking Satellite earlier by removing any advantage someone with big or many lands had concerning resources collection.
  • Naturally it gets harder while advancing in Domination to obtain Travel Points. The longer you play, the harder it gets. For most late gamers there is nearly no chance of getting Travel Points during their daily routine. So basically you made using the Tracking satellite especially expensive for late gamers.
  • Right now concerning resources collection I have no reason to have many bases, many lands or big lands. Why would I want them? 

So this means at this point it is harder for me to get resources than for any beginner. Actually, I have no idea how I i am supposed to get those big amounts of resources I need to maintain my bases and outposts and to withstand the FoT. Of course I still can run around using my items to collect some resources but this might be enough to fulfill the needs of a beginner but surely not for an advanced player.

• Like 1

Ok, fair enough, 5 TP may have been a little to steep. I have adjusted this cost to be 1 TP from now on, which translates to "go literally anywhere outside of your house (no matter how close to the land border) and that will allow you to get some additional resources".

However, I think saying that there is no reason to have additional bases is a bit over-dramatic. :)
Not only your current resource capacity is significantly larger than any new player's (and collecting the manually-spawned resources using a super magnet while outside your base actually stores every single one of them without running into limitations), but you are able to produce more items and activate many more buildings concurrently.
I.e. at this point having 50 bases means having 50 satellites, which, if upgraded, result in 150 random resources collected without using any items and costing only 50 TP (which I think is a fair cost for more than 100 of resources, some of which could be extra-large). ;)

In any case, let's see how this goes and as always, I am open to additional suggestions.

Didn't even catch this update, I haven't been able to check it out yet, of course, but seems like a pretty solid update! Appreciate the work to keep the pendulum from swinging too far the wrong direction :)

that being said, somewhat unrelated but on the topic of upgrading structures I noticed when looking to upgrade some stuff tonight, are we no longer able to click on a lands flag, then go to the manage tab to upgrade stuff? Doing so showed me the buildings and levels in that land, but to upgrade them, I had to click on a building in my land then open the lands tab from there, easy work around but really threw me off lol.. if that's a bug and not a UI change, figured it'd be worth letting y'all know.

14 hours ago, Kramer42 said:

that being said, somewhat unrelated but on the topic of upgrading structures I noticed when looking to upgrade some stuff tonight, are we no longer able to click on a lands flag, then go to the manage tab to upgrade stuff? Doing so showed me the buildings and levels in that land, but to upgrade them, I had to click on a building in my land then open the lands tab from there, easy work around but really threw me off lol.. if that's a bug and not a UI change, figured it'd be worth letting y'all know.

Hmm, I don't believe anything's changed in that area; tapping on a "construction" icon on one of the flags' tooltips should still bring up the construction menu (allowing to build new structures and upgrade the existing ones).
Some markers also have the "drop-down" icon (little arrow pointing down) which opens the "building management" menu, allowing to perform actions and also upgrades.

If your UI does not look like that I would appreciate a screenshot! :)

Nono, I hate apple. I'm talking about travel points cost. It makes it impossible to get a larger land and now as the satellite changes I guess we could take the old method back or at least most of the old method. Selling and buying cost travel, but merging does not.

Another feature I could really love would be for the lands not spawned in water to not cover the water and let excess land got as normal in the land circle direction.

Land on water would do the same thing but just not go on land and excess land go in water direction.

This way the map would also look a lot more like real borders