Domination: Earth

Land Growth Not Working

Luna

Since the new update I haven’t been able to grow lands that are already established. Both when I tap the flag button and use the flag menu it goes through the “please wait” pop-up, but after that nothing happens.

I’m on iOS.

3 hours ago, Luna said:

Since the new update I haven’t been able to grow lands that are already established. Both when I tap the flag button and use the flag menu it goes through the “please wait” pop-up, but after that nothing happens.

I’m on iOS.

There's been an in-app update containing this bug, but another update was released almost immediately after that. Could you please try restarting the app after playing for a minute or two and let me know if this still happens?

I'm have the same issue in iOS.  Can't capture land or do any resource pick-ups.  If you hit the Land button, you get the Please Wait... prompt, then nothing.  If you hit the Land button again, absolutely nothing happens.  If you switch off of the Earth View and back, the Land button gives the wait prompt one time again, then nothing.  With the Pick up button, you get the wait prompt, the small capture circle appears (the larger radius circle does not appear if you have any items active), but nothing is captured.

And obviously they are using the same Land mechanism, but can't place Exploration Drones either.

I did leave the app open for around 1/2 hour before force closing and relaunching, to no avail.

Edited by EMonster
added additional information
  • Like 1

Really sorry for this, guys, I will fix this asap on Monday, but unfortunately I have been taken away from my computer by other matters and won't be able to help until then, sorry!

However, please try reinstalling the game from the app store and see if that works! 😉

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming!

Looks like the problem is in the latest in-app update indeed.

I've disabled auto-updates for iOS for now, so reinstalling the app should roll you back to the stable/functional version.

Unfortunately, that also means that upgrading the individual utility structures will not work until the next patch. But at least you should be able to capture lands again. 😉

Sorry to report this, but on iOS it is still NOT working. I have automatic updates, but checked also manually appstore to get latest version. Waited minuses online, but nothing downloaded. Outside new land creation or upgrade existing one NOT working. Together with no-scrolling issue, game is over now for me, hoping temporarly only...

13 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

Waited minuses online, but nothing downloaded.

Just to clarify, there are no notifications, the update simply downloads invisibly in the background while you're playing (usually in a few seconds, but could be up to a minute depending on your network) and all you need after that is fully close and reopen the app (moving it into the background mode is not enough though, it has to be stopped).

Reinstalling the app from the App Store reverts it back to the earliest version and the in-app updates have to be downloaded all over again on top of that.

So just to avoid misunderstandings: you've reinstalled the app from the app store, land capture doesn't work straight away, left the app running for a minute, fully closed it, reopened and the capture still doesn't work?

If that is the case then it could be an issue specific to the latest iPhone OS; unfortunately, emulators or my older devices (that cannot get upgraded beyond iOS 10) cannot reproduce either of the problems. I am on the lookout for a new iPhone to work on, but this may take a while (as an entirely new one is out of my budget, I'm afraid :)).

In any case, I apologize for all the trouble and want to reassure you that I am still working on resolving this for all users!

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:just to avoid misunderstandings: you've reinstalled the app from the app store, land capture doesn't work straight away, left the app running for a minute, fully closed it, reopened and the capture still doesn't work?

Correct 99%. I have latest update from appstore. I did NOT reinstall game as it is latest version. Should I? But then yes, I was at home on wifi waiting minutes online. Turned APP off, restarted, tested outside of my house. Returned back, turned off and on my device, started device, started game, waited minutes online, tested outside during my walk. Not ok. Button is there, I can tap, purple circle appear, but land not captured. I understood that you cannot test iOS14 on your older device, but why not revert back latest change? This started week ago or so. Forgot scrolling problem, but withou land capture function this game is really over. There is no reason to turn it on. You will loose many iOS players who simply don’t discuss issues here on forum and stop playing without you even noticing... Only chance is, that this is problem of iOS14 in combination with only my device iPhone 7. Then less people will be affected.

3 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

but why not revert back latest change?

It's not that simple, unfortunately, as there is nothing to roll back; I haven't changed anything even remotely connected to scrolling in many months and all modifications (incl. the scrollable screens) work on all emulators in my possession that run on iOS 13.
The only thing that has changed is Apple releasing iOS 14, which is, apparently, incompatible with something that's always worked previously (and I have no idea what that is!).
So until I manage to reproduce the problem to understand what is it exactly that Apple has added it will be close to impossible for me to address the issue, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

You will loose many iOS players who simply don’t discuss issues here on forum and stop playing without you even noticing... 

It is quite ironic as I thought about dropping support for Apple devices altogether more than onceout of nearly 100,000 players that we have there are only a few dozen active iPhone users. :)
However, I do value every single one of our fans, especially those who report things on the forum, so I will continue investigating and fixing these issues just for you (I just need a bit more time!). ;)

Hi guys, especially Mr. D

Last conversation with Mr.D made me thinking... He said “I did not change anything” But many players suddenly see a problems with land grow not working, must be present on base, or simply.... location issues! So what was changed on iOS 14 or 14.1 (last update since I couldn’t even pick the resources).... ????

Privacy! With many new tracking apps to detect location of infected people, Apple wanted to further protect privacy of location.

I am just reading iOS14/14.1 list of news:

*With apps we are now sharing only approximate location, we are not sharing exact position.*

In my opinion this must be it!

I went outside, tried to turn on all possible settings (there is several new ones), but unfortunatelly I could not fix this problem. :(

I will be happy to help more if you tell me, what to check or test further.

K.

Yeah, the scrolling issue definitely started with iOS 14.  Specifically, it started in 14.0.1, but it's still present in 14.1.

@Mr. D I sent you a forum message with video of the issue on various screens.  Just in case it helps to visualize what's going on.

And it would be a bummer if you dropped iOS support!  I appreciate the effort and really enjoy the game!

Thanks for the additional info, guys!

A small update from my end as well: the timing of this problem is seriously unfortunate, as we are getting a new NBN (broadband) line installed for the entire street and there have been massive delays with getting it finalized & functional. I've had no reliable internet access since the beginning of October and have already exhausted all of the mobile hotspots in my possession.

Without that I cannot download any MacOS updates and don't have any iOS 14 Simulators or physical devices (outside of my budget, unfortunately :() to work on.

And as you noticed, the issue did not exist on iOS earlier than 14, so I cannot release an update blindly without actually ensuring that any fix worked.

However, as soon as anything changes I will post again. ;)

Thanks very much for your patience, everyone!

21 hours ago, Kubogojev said:

Which update?

As I said, I am still on 14.1 where I started to see problems with land capture. What was changed in the game app that fixed this problem I had for 2-3 weeks?

Land capture wasn't working exclusively due to iOS failing to download the geocoding mappings, a fix for which was released via an in-app update on Oct 27, 9:58 AM.
No releases were made since then.

If the capture started working for you recently then there are only two possible explanations:

1) The in-app update has just reached your device with a massive delay (possibly due to connectivity issues, lack of space, the game not being open long enough or something along those lines).
2) Your device had a local cache of the invalid geocoding maps that has finally expired on its own accord.

In any case, I am glad that this is now resolved!

However, I would be super grateful if you upgraded to iOS 14.2 to see if that helps with the scrolling issue as well. ;)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr. D said:

However, I would be super grateful if you upgraded to iOS 14.2 to see if that helps with the scrolling issue as well. ;)

I will update 14.2 after our company release this iOS patch. I am keen to see if scrolling issue will be fixed and will report to you!

• Thanks 1