Domination: Earth

Small feature request

Ruvox

Question

Since we already have a little "collect" button at the panel of quests, wouldn't it be nice to have the same button on each resource panel? That way it could be possible to collect resources the "usual" way without wasting a charge of a maybe active Super Magnet. This distinction between usual collect operations and those using charges was requested a few times much earlier. However, now this seems to be feasible much easier than before.

Same Same but different about the "navigation" button on quest panels. Would be great to have the same (back) for bases and maybe even lands now that those have got a context menu.

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Since we already have a little "collect" button at the panel of quests, wouldn't it be nice to have the same button on each resource panel? That way it could be possible to collect resources the "usual" way without wasting a charge of a maybe active Super Magnet. This distinction between usual collect operations and those using charges was requested a few times much earlier. However, now this seems to be feasible much easier than before.

That idea makes a lot of sense indeed!
It will probably require some adjustments to the item descriptions to avoid confusion (as that exception seems to be only applicable to the charge-enabled items / super magnets alone; no reason why an active metal detector should not increase the individual resource collection radius as well).
But I'll definitely add this into my task list!

7 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Same but different about the "navigation" button on quest panels. Would be great to have the same (back) for bases and maybe even lands now that those have got a context menu.

I may need some additional clarification on that feature though as I'm not sure I understand what navigation button you are referring to, sorry! šŸ˜Š

Ā 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr. D said:

I may need some additional clarification on that feature though as I'm not sure I understand what navigation button you are referring to, sorry!

No problem! Panels of quests have two buttons. The First one allows you to navigate to the quest by opening the exact position in Google maps. AFAIK this is currently the only feature in the game providing exact coordinates. LongĀ time ago we had this also for bases but you removed it together with other geo-data changes. However, this feature was always great to plan trips and especially the possible locations of new bases.Ā 
Currently both, lands and bases/outposts, have a context menu where an additional button would imo not bother anyone but bring back the ability of making precise plans using geo-data. As this feature already exists (for quests only) I would guess that it's possible again and not that much of an expense.

Edited by Ruvox

On 12/31/2020 at 7:29 AM, Ruvox said:

No problem! Panels of quests have two buttons. The First one allows you to navigate to the quest by opening the exact position in Google maps. AFAIK this is currently the only feature in the game providing exact coordinates. LongĀ time ago we had this also for bases but you removed it together with other geo-data changes. However, this feature was always great to plan trips and especially the possible locations of new bases.Ā 
Currently both, lands and bases/outposts, have a context menu where an additional button would imo not bother anyone but bring back the ability of making precise plans using geo-data. As this feature already exists (for quests only) I would guess that it's possible again and not that much of an expense.

Ah, yep, that is not a problem indeed, thanks for clarifying. :)

Adding to the task list!