Domination: Earth

New maps appears to be lagging

Z3nd

Wanted to report that the new map appears to be lagging. Is there a speed limit on the new map? Sometimes it just shows the last position in doesn't show me moving even when I am at walking speed. It is making resource collection difficult

There is indeed a refresh limit of 5 seconds to prevent excessive battery drain, plus the GPS differentiates between the phone in stationary mode (i.e. laying around) or moving, and the later will result in a better refresh rate usually. ;) It will also not update if you are located within 10m from the previous spot.

Old version of Google maps used to update your position almost every second and at every step, and that made the game really battery-consuming!

May I ask how fast were you moving and how rarely did the blue dot update?

It was 5 sec before update.  Now usually 18 to 20 sec.  Longer if I move the screen.  I usually play while riding in carpool 60 to 80 mph, but it happens when walking too.  

Ever consider adding an auto follow option so you don't have to move the screen?

New updates working better though sometimes the map will glitch when switching between this app and Greed City, and I will have to shut down to reload.  Still get occasional freeze but might be once a day instead of all the time as before.

Thanks