Domination: Earth

Super Magnet Charges

Ruvox

Question

If you activate the Super Magnet you have 5 charges which will be used each time using the yellow flag or hand button if resources are collected or a station is captured. 

Many people use Super Magnets especially if they are on a vacation trying to use the five charges as efficiently as possible. On the other hand many people want to capture as many lands as possible on vacation so every 15 minutes in the best case. This clearly often leads to a scenario where a player has to decide if he wants to stick on as many resources or as many lands as possible. (If 15 minutes are over, you can capture again but just have very few resources in range which might change after a while)

This problem intensifies if you have unlocked the perk focus: Magnet since it expands the lifetime of your magnet up to +75 minutes (so 2 hours and 15 minutes). 

It would be very nice to have the choice of using a magnet charge or just performing a normal capture so nobody had to struggle with hours of waiting and not capturing on a vacation just because he is in the need of resources. Additionally, this would make the perk much more useful. 

2 answers to this question

I have no idea if this is intentional but I can confirm its effect.. When magnets are active, placing a flag has the same effect as using the "grab" or "pickup" for the magnets

This is more confusing than anything else because you start your magnet run, clear an area, go to your next planned spot, drop a flag on the way, realize at the next spot that half the map is clear, get down the road a bit and run out of magnets before you wanted because you didn't know flagging uses them as well.

I wouldn't mind if their actions were completely separated from each other

I'm sure this wasn't originally intentional. But right now I am too lazy to search for the right forum post where this was written.
Please notice that if both actions were completely separated, capturing stations would become much harder because no longer possible through the usage of items.
But I also think that the scenario described by you is a little bit frustrating considering I found myself in that situation just too often.