Domination: Earth

Deleting unwanted lands

AngelOfDebt

Question

6 answers to this question

I can delete that land for you, but it may not have the effect you expect! :) 

Bases are upgraded when you capture new lands or upgrade the existing ones (each land upgrade counts as a point towards the nearest base's level).
However, when you check in on your base directly (within 100m from its centre) the base gets a temporary defence boost; it doesn't grow in the same way as lands.

If you'd still like me to delete your land though just let me know its current level and I will find it! ;) 

18 hours ago, Mr. D said:

I can delete that land for you, but it may not have the effect you expect! :) 

Bases are upgraded when you capture new lands or upgrade the existing ones (each land upgrade counts as a point towards the nearest base's level).
However, when you check in on your base directly (within 100m from its centre) the base gets a temporary defence boost; it doesn't grow in the same way as lands.

If you'd still like me to delete your land though just let me know its current level and I will find it! ;) 

Can we(the player) delete unwanted land ourselves?

7 hours ago, TheCharlieBoyy said:

Can we(the player) delete unwanted land ourselves?

Not in the current system, unless someone else attacks you. :)
There's just no benefit from doing that, as it's like saying "can I lose some experience points?" in a Role-Playing Game or "how do I get rid of unwanted ammunition?" in a First Person Shooter. :) 

Is it just the aesthetical aspect that's bothering you or is that land preventing you from doing something? 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:08 AM, Mr. D said:

There's just no benefit from doing that, as it's like saying "can I lose some experience points?" in a Role-Playing Game or "how do I get rid of unwanted ammunition?" in a First Person Shooter. :) 

Is it just the aesthetical aspect that's bothering you or is that land preventing you from doing something? 

Itd be more of an aesthetics issue, for me at least

On 11/11/2017 at 3:08 AM, Mr. D said:

Also it may be a privacy thing with someones house being a claimed land and doesnt want people to drive around their house.

11 hours ago, Bruce Springtree said:

Also it may be a privacy thing with someones house being a claimed land and doesnt want people to drive around their house.

Well, that is inevitable in any city! :)
We did our best to help with the privacy by making your bases invisible (as most of them are likely to be near peoples' homes), but we can't prevent players from checking in around each other houses: when that happens the owner of that house will most likely not be the owner of the land (I know for a fact that I have a level 10 land in my friend's house and I'm keeping it - it's a great discussion subject whenever we meet :D).

Considering that in some active towns there's someone else's land for almost every address, allowing to delete your own lands won't really help much (the best solution in that case would be simply not to play :)).

However, I will review the possibility of land move for those worried about the aesthetics. ;) 
No promises yet, but I'll see if we can make this a fun gameplay element in any way. :)