Domination: Earth

Max level?

The one true king

Question

I was just wondering why  there is a max level for your lands? I get we are supposed to walk around allround n the real World, but the real world is a big place as well... Maybe this could be worked on in ways discussed in other topics (like linking up your lands/only growing further towards your other lands in the 5km radius after you hit the max level)?

5 answers to this question

There's a maximum level for each land (100) as the world is split in a "grid" consisting of tiles with a 500m radius; these tiles are used in many elements of game mechanics (target acquisition, distance calculation, identification of lands in the immediate vicinity etc.) and having the ability to expand one land beyond that tile size leads to collisions and lots of confusion from the game logic perspective.
If we followed that path the game would either become imbalanced or require a ton of expensive hardware to run; it's a very CPU demanding task to calculate all objects positioned on a piece of land in real world (just because the world is indeed quite large :)).

However, as I mentioned in the other thread, we are reviewing the possibility to merge maximum level lands and unite them into larger shapes. ;)

P.S. Completely forgot to mention!
Unlike lands, bases have a really high level cap and can expand up to the radius seen when you zoom out the map and see their attack radius. ;)
So if you capture plenty of lands you will end up having one huge territory with a 100km radius!

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:

P.S. Completely forgot to mention!
Unlike lands, bases have a really high level cap and can expand up to the radius seen when you zoom out the map and see their attack radius. ;)
So if you capture plenty of lands you will end up having one huge territory with a 100km radius!

Lol did you caculate how many lands that would be??? Millions i am guessing 😂