Domination: Earth

Effect of using multiple power-ups.

Green05

Question

If we use multiple power-ups, like two super magnets, a super magnet and a bullhorn or two bullhorns, do their effects add up? Like, will a super magnet and a bullhorn mean a 400m extra collection radius for personnel and 300m extra for the rest? What about the other above-mentioned combinations? Thanks in advance for answering.

3 answers to this question

Super Magnets stack with any other items, yes: your example about the magnet and a bullhorn is correct (400m total collection radius would be achieved for personnel only).

No other items stack between different types though (only items of the same kind add up): if you activate 6 Bullhorns and 10 Metal Detectors you will have a collection radius bonus of 600m for Personnel and 1km for Money, even though the largest circle (Money) will be displayed on the map.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have more scenarios in mind. :) 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Green05 said:

Also, you must've broken a record right now, answering my question just a couple of minutes after I asked it. Such responsiveness is rare in a forum for an app! This really makes playing much more enjoyable, knowing that the creator is always ready to help and keeps in touch with the community.

Thank you, I am here indeed to make your gameplay as enjoyable as possible! :)

43 minutes ago, Green05 said:

Also, as this is a GPS-based game, what are your thoughts about Google making its Google Maps data open?

Hard to say, really!
Our attempts to use Google Maps for our Earth View stabbed us in the back a few times in the past, as Google Maps SDK turned out to be fairly unstable on a number of old Android devices owned by a portion of our users, and the web-version (Google Maps JS) that we tried to use for the "style" was sluggish and Google Play Store punished us for bad performance (yup, Google penalized us for using another Google product :)).
So unless we build our own map engine that can use open data from Google Maps I don't think this is going to affect us!

Although it's certainly good news that there will be alternatives to OSM in that aspect, as OSM's data accuracy outside of the populated areas isn't nowhere as good as Google's.

1 minute ago, Mr. D said:

Super Magnets stack with any other items, yes: your example about the magnet and a bullhorn is correct (400m total collection radius would be achieved for personnel only).

No other items stack though: if you activate 6 Bullhorns and 10 Metal Detectors you will still have a collection radius bonus of 600m for Personnel and 1km for Money, even though the largest circle (Money) will be displayed on the map.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have more scenarios in mind. :) 

Yeah, that makes sense. So the distance stacks for each resource individually. 

Also, you must've broken a record right now, answering my question just a couple of minutes after I asked it. Such responsiveness is rare in a forum for an app! This really makes playing much more enjoyable, knowing that the creator is always ready to help and keeps in touch with the community.

Also, as this is a GPS-based game, what are your thoughts about Google making its Google Maps data open?