Domination: Earth

Merging two level 100+ lands

Ruvox

Question

So if I merge a land under level 100 with any bigger land, the buildings of the smaller lands get counted as base points up to the next base level (why only up to the next level though?). But what happens if I merge a smaller level 100+ land with a bigger level 100+ land and I'build several buildings on the smaller land (for example 10 sanbagwalls). Do they all count also as additional base points? 

10 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Ruvox said:

Do they all count also as additional base points? 

That's correct: any building on any level land that disappears as a result of merging counts as a level up point!

1 minute ago, Ruvox said:

why only up to the next level though?

What do you mean? :)
Are you saying that you've had a land merge that should have resulted in several level ups for one base, but it didn't?

I am a big friend of merging so do this often. But if your base is for example at 99/100 points and you merge a land with a level 10 sandbagwall on it it will result in your base being the next level with 0/105 points. I thought this is for any reason but never knew why. It's especially not that nice if you have a big land and merge several lands at one time with it.

3 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

at's correct: any building on any level land that disappears as a result of merging counts as a level up point!

Very nice to know, thank you!

54 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I am a big friend of merging so do this often. But if your base is for example at 99/100 points and you merge a land with a level 10 sandbagwall on it it will result in your base being the next level with 0/105 points. I thought this is for any reason but never knew why. It's especially not that nice if you have a big land and merge several lands at one time with it.

Ah, interesting; this is unintentional!

I'll add it to the list of things to investigate. :)

5 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Ah, interesting; this is unintentional!

Oh, I really always thought that would be intentional. But please let me know when this changes. I will wait with at least some mergings then.

Btw, what is about utility strutures in that case? Base point would be way too much but totally loosing it is also a little bit hard if it is for example a level 1000 one. Being able to relocate utility structures if there is a higher level land directly touching that land (being in merge range) might be a nice option.

Just now, Ruvox said:

Btw, what is about utility strutures in that case? Base point would be way too much but totally loosing it is also a little bit hard if it is for example a level 1000 one. Being able to relocate utility structures if there is a higher level land directly touching that land (being in merge range) might be a nice option.

Building relocation was the original plan, yes!
I'll post once that is implemented! ;)

2 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Building relocation was the original plan, yes!
I'll post once that is implemented! ;)

Sounds great but I'd really like too keep the option of conversion to base points for sandbag walls and guard towers since it is a way to remotely upgrade bases on very remote places. It's necessary to find players there, contact them, make them capture a land in merge reach, sell them to you and lastly fully upgrade the buildings on it which is hell of an effort but pays out.

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

Sounds great but I'd really like too keep the option of conversion to base points for sandbag walls and guard towers since it is a way to remotely upgrade bases on very remote places. It's necessary to find players there, contact them, make them capture a land in merge reach, sell them to you and lastly fully upgrade the buildings on it which is hell of an effort but pays out.

That is an interesting strategy. :) I'll keep that in mind!
It's possible that building relocation will only apply to utility structures then.

• Thanks 1

Btw it would be great fixing the "points are only given up to the next base level"-problem earlier then the relocation thing since it is (at least I think so) more important and maybe not that complicated but leads to waiting with merges now.

On 29/06/2018 at 9:56 PM, Ruvox said:

Btw it would be great fixing the "points are only given up to the next base level"-problem earlier then the relocation thing since it is (at least I think so) more important and maybe not that complicated but leads to waiting with merges now.

The issue should now be fixed!
Bases are now able to upgrade more than 1 level per merge.
Please let me know if you run into any other problems though. :)

And I do apologize for a delay, there is likely going to be a news post in the next few days explaining what's been happening here at Epic Dragon and what's going to happen next. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful! I have to admit that I was just a little unpatient...
Again it's necessary to say that you fix problems and answer questions an unbelievable amount of times faster than any "big" game studio would do. An this is just great! 

• Thanks 1