Domination: Earth

Tracked Player list

Ruvox

Question

I like to track player for several reasons (to fight the Ai, to find my allies, to find other players, ...). I recently noticed that the tracked players will change their names automatically in the list when the player does so which is very nice. I guess every entry in the list is connected to the player profile (ID and whatever).

However, when the list grows it's getting confusing very fast. Can you hide the entries in the list when the player is hidden anyway ? Like as soon as the player vanishes from the earth view since he didn't log in for seven days hide him in the list but also showing up again if the player logs in again.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Players who haven't logged in for 7 days should now be automatically removed from the tracking list. ;)

Unfortunately, it may be a bit problematic to re-add them automatically, as there's a physical limit of 20 players that can be tracked (performance-reasons :)) and seeing an error that you've reached that limit while only 2 players are visible (because 18 of them stopped playing) may be a bit confusing and misleading.
So I've chosen the option to permanently remove them from the list when they're no longer active.

However, I'll have a think about other ways to improve this section in the future...

First, thank you very much, as always a quick solution from your side :)

I have to admit that it's not the perfect solution at this point but indeed a nice improvement in contrast to the situation before.

6 hours ago, Mr. D said:

I'll have a think about other ways to improve this section in the future

Well I could try to help you with this with two ideas:

1. You could simply divide the list into active and inactive players. Maybe blur or grey the inactive ones out and put them down the list. Whenever the limit of 20 tracked players is reached one could remove a player of it's choice without any confusion.
  2. I have no idea where the performance problems come from. But maybe you can just save the IDs of the tracked players client-side and only refresh names or other player related thing whenever one clicks an the track button (when the player is inactive it would just result in greying or blurring the entry out)

I have really no idea about how this works technically so this ideas are more or less guessing9_9

• Like 1

Btw there is one further thing I noticed: whenever I track someone who is visible within my bases reach the base radius will keep displaying but when I track someone who isn't located within my bases reach (so I don't get any results) the base radius will totally disappear.