Domination: Earth

How long does it take for the game to reset after a flight?

Z3nd

Ok, I just got off a plane about an hour ago after a 2k mile flight.  When I first got off the plane the game informed me I could not place or capture a location. I saw that happened once before when my GPS glitched and moved me suddenly from my house to where I currently was but it reset in less than an hour. I just wanted to find out if this is going to be worse because there's a longer distance?

Apologies for a delay in response!

The game usually allows 1 flight per day (if what you're doing looks like a flight), so I'm surprised you got blocked; sounds like something you did previously was considered as unusual movement.

I'll investigate why you were "denied your flight", but as you've figured out yourself this problem usually goes away after 8-12 hours, unless your flight was really suspicious (in which case the block can extend up to 24 hours).
I wish we didn't have to do that, but there are too many people attempting to cheat on a daily basis, unfortunately!

So according to another game I had open, I turned off airplane mode and randomly tapped the screen durring the flight.  Explains why half my apps were open.  Must have happened when I was trying to put my phone in my pocket during takeoff. Would this have outside the game? Someone told me they have the same problem occasionally while they're playing the game sitting on a train. If you have it time to you may want to consider pushing the speed up a little bit.

As there are cheap flights from Ryanair and similar airlines I already thought about going to another country and back again on the same day. 
Besides this there are many flightroutes including a change or a stopover which one could take for his next holidays.
I also planned to go by train from the North of my country to the south which would take less than 6 hours for about 1,000 km.
Moreover I already planned trips through Germany including regional trains to establish more bases about every 100 km. 

Would be nice to hear that some of them might not work before one spends his money for something like this. At the moment I am not really sure what to worry about and what not.

45 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

As there are cheap flights from Ryanair and similar airlines I already thought about going to another country and back again on the same day. 
Besides this there are many flightroutes including a change or a stopover which one could take for his next holidays.
I also planned to go by train from the North of my country to the south which would take less than 6 hours for about 1,000 km.
Moreover I already planned trips through Germany including regional trains to establish more bases about every 100 km. 

Would be nice to hear that some of them might not work before one spends his money for something like this. At the moment I am not really sure what to worry about and what not.

Trains and cars should never be an issue, unless your GPS lags really, *really* bad (as in dozens of miles in random direction), but any block from that will go away in a few minutes.

In regard to plane-based anti-cheat, it's a bit smarter than that, so @Z3nd's scenario aside (which I still need to investigate; speed limits are not the case here!) you should be ok, as long as you don't fly back in forth within 6 hours.
When I said "the game usually allows 1 flight per day" - that means fairly long flights (e.g. London to Singapore), not 2 hour flights such as London to Paris.

I'm sorry I can't disclose more details; there are 230 players using FakeGPS and thinking they're getting away with it as we speak; the more information I provide you the higher are the chances that one day I will not catch one of them.

So we have to choose between the game being cheat-free or flying more than 4 times a day, I don't see another option!
But once again, I am looking into every case when our anti-cheat blocks an actual flight and your reports help me improve this system further. ;)

• Like 1

Oh, one more thing: if you do fly somewhere for a day and get blocked by the anti-cheat; please email me at support@domination.earth.
Unless I'm completely asleep and can't hear any notifications, I will reset your block manually ASAP so that your trip doesn't go to waste. ;)

• Like 1

Understood.  I would rather play a cheat free game...  I did have my GPS glitch where it showed me still at home when I was a hundred miles away. I hit the flag without looking at where it was showing me and then when it pops the correct location 15 minutes later it would not let me upgrade that flag. That one cleared in less than an hour because I had another break and an hour later. This one, I look forward to finding out if there was a simple issue or something that I did because ice did not arrange a layover this time because I did not know how the game was going to respond. I had intended if it worked well to plan a layover next time.

31 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Oh, one more thing: if you do fly somewhere for a day and get blocked by the anti-cheat; please email me at support@domination.earth.
Unless I'm completely asleep and can't hear any notifications, I will reset your block manually ASAP so that your trip doesn't go to waste. ;)

Very nice to hear that will keep that one in mind :D

38 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

When I said "the game usually allows 1 flight per day" - that means fairly long flights (e.g. London to Singapore), not 2 hour flights such as London to Paris.

Ok, that doesn't sounds that drastic as I thought before.

40 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

So we have to choose between the game being cheat-free or flying more than 4 times a day, I don't see another option!

I totally understand this and am really happy with a game more focusing on prevent cheating than supporting very less likely player actions. I just was a little bit confused again.

41 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Trains and cars should never be an issue, unless your GPS lags really, *really* bad (as in dozens of miles in random direction), but any block from that will go away in a few minutes.

Indeed my GPS is sometimes that bad. On my last trip through a region with also bad mobile connection I encountered it several times that my GPS just said "No you will stay in the middle of nowhere even if your train made 50 km or something like that in that time!" and to be honest in those cases I rather capture those place wherever my GPS places me than wasting my possible captures even if this might be a little bit unwanted from the actual spirit of the game. However, I also had this soft ban whenever my GPS felt like giving me my current position again but it never lasted for more than an hour (while driving) and never more than 5 minutes (while standing at a fix position).

• Like 1