Domination: Earth

Trade request limit

Ruvox

Question

Why is there a trade request limit of 5 pending requests at a time ?
I can understand that pending offers might somehow "spam" your server... But to be honest the more bases you have the higher the chance is to meet different players at different places with whom you might want to trade simultaneously. 5 is a very little number for this especially if you consider that some players tend to don't answer a pending offer for a long time.

1. Why is there a limit ?
  2. Can you make the limit higher or dynamically depending on the owned bases ?
  3. Can you implement messages that remind players about still pending offers after a specific time ?
  4. What happens with still pending offers sent to a now PvP-disabled player (Sent before the update) ?
Edited by Ruvox

1 answer to this question

1. Mostly to prevent nuisance to other players!
For example, hundreds of players appear around London all the time; it could very well be someone's tactics to spam all players they can possibly see until one of them gives up and sells one of their lands. Considering that we don't have any form of black lists yet, the only way to stop an annoying player from spamming you with offers is not to accept their offer and leave it as pending. But if there were no limit they'd still be free to annoy as many people concurrently as they like, while a limit of 5 encourages to issue genuine offers that you actually want to see go through.

2. Dynamic limit sounds reasonable, I can certainly add that!

3. I'm a bit hesitant about that, to be honest! It's annoying enough to end up in a situation where a player who wants one of your lands just doesn't give up and sends the same offer again and again (and you're not interested in selling that land), but having an automated reminder is going to make things even worse.
This will have to come with some sort of an "unsubscribe" functionality, which is a bit more complex and will have to wait for me to finish the other core updates planned for the next few weeks. :)

4. They're still possible to accept! The block applies only to issuing new invitations, not to accepting/declining/withdrawing existing ones. ;)

• Thanks 1