Domination: Earth

Damaging enemy land

Ruvox

Question

If upgrading an owned land which overlaps or is closer than 5 meters or contains an lower level enemy land the enemy land will get damaged.

How do buildings affect this kind of damaging ?

Does this damaging also work if it is just an attempt to upgrade for example if I want to upgrade but can't because the land is already at level 100 (which will reset the capture timer) or if I want to upgrade but can't because I had to merge before which I can't do at the moment ?
Does placing a new Utility structure, upgrading a new one or healing a building also result in damaging ?

3 answers to this question

Point-wise, each capture deals 1 land level damage or 1 point of building damage if any defences are present (e.g. a wall with 10 hitpoints will lose 1 out of 10 points of health).

Land merges will not damage enemy structures on their own, but almost any other "successful" action would:

a) Building a utility structure on a level 100+ land.
b) Healing a damaged building on a level 100+ land.
c) Upgrading a land or utility structure.
d) Increasing base defence score.
e) Creating new land.

Any action attempts that fail (i.e. "you can't upgrade/capture/expand" for any reason) should not cause damage to your enemies.

I think this is it! :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this huge clarification. 

So this means trying to upgrade a level 100+ land will damage an enemy structure ? It's half on half a failed and successful action. It's not upgrading, not building anything, not spawning resources and not rewarding base points but will collect resources and "use" the capture timer. 

31 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

Thanks for this huge clarification. 

So this means trying to upgrade a level 100+ land will damage an enemy structure ? It's half on half a failed and successful action. It's not upgrading, not building anything, not spawning resources and not rewarding base points but will collect resources and "use" the capture timer. 

No problem!
Yes, if you've collected something and used the capture timer (i.e. 15 minute timer has started ticking) then that is supposed to cause damage to your enemy's lands. :)

But the key thing here is the timer on the flag button, not the resources themselves: picking up resources using the "Hand" button, for example, will never cause damage to enemy lands.