Domination: Earth

1.20.1 - Travel Points

Mr. D

Hey all,

Changes described in this thread are now live:

You will need to download version 1.20.1 from the Play Store to see your Travel Points.
The iOS release is once again falling behind and is unlikely to happen this week due to technical issues: unfortunately, our designated Mac has broken down and we cannot perform any new submissions to the App Store until it is fixed.
My apologies to all Apple users, I will do my best to resolve this as soon as I can. Until then you are still accumulating Travel Points and can use all elements of the new mechanics, but will simply not see your current Travel Point total.

Finally, this release includes Polish translations generously provided by @Олег Поленин (thank you very much once again!).

Please post if you have any questions or run into any issues. ;)

Regarding the promised "land wipe": we have decided to set the old land level limit to 500, so all lands above that have now been "trimmed" (the associated utility structures and buildings remain).

Base levels will be recalculated accordingly.

Today I captured two lands in succession 1.55 km from each other. The second capture garnered one travel point. Does this mean that except for less than 1 km that the number of travel points earned is the distance in kilometers rounded down? The answer would impact tactical planning.

Thanks in advance.

On 30-5-2019 at 10:15 AM, Mr. D said:

Regarding the promised "land wipe": we have decided to set the old land level limit to 500, so all lands above that have now been "trimmed" (the associated utility structures and buildings remain).

Base levels will be recalculated accordingly.

Sorry for being a dimwit.... bit can the lands now once more get larger than 500 or is there now a max? I just want to make sure I have this correct...

6 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Sorry for being a dimwit.... bit can the lands now once more get larger than 500 or is there now a max? I just want to make sure I have this correct...

My understanding is that they can grow through merging with adjacent lands, but it will take a lot of Travel Points. At least 5000 points plus 10 times per level of the lands merged in.

5 hours ago, The one true king said:

Strange after this flight I did get 100 points... was there a glitch after my flight into Istanbul mister d?

Hi!

Did you create a new land before your first flight?

There was also a bug prior to my post below due to which some captures did not award points initially:

However, this is now fixed so all future captures will award points correctly. Please let me know if you run into this issue again though! ;)

2 hours ago, The one true king said:

can the lands now once more get larger than 500 or is there now a max? I just want to make sure I have this correct...

There is no maximum, lands can indeed grow beyond level 500 still. :)

4 hours ago, S Keillan said:

Does this mean that except for less than 1 km that the number of travel points earned is the distance in kilometers rounded down?

Yes, but I have to admit this was an unintended effect. I have adjusted the formula so that the numbers from .5+ are rounded up. ;)

• Thanks 1

Ah well i did build a land before but i guess I just upgraded my land in Iran before I flew out (mainly since internet there is dodgy and creating many lands would be unwise in the least). So I do have a land in Iran where i flew from bit I did not create something small there just before i left....

This does indicate a problem for me, you only get these lands when you found new lands but merging these lands is very difficult. I guess it is the idea we have many small lands instead of large ones, but I do fear this will indeed stimulate the few very active players that really travel a lot and limit a broader player base...