Domination: Earth

1.19.1 Map Filters

Mr. D

Hi all,

This week's update has been released to the Play Store and will appear imminently on the App Store, featuring:

• "Domination: Earth" is now available in German!
    A huge "Thank you!" goes to @Ruvox and @SebRut for pulling it off. ;)

• "Map Filters" window is now available on Earth View within the "Additional Options" list.
    Using these filters you can hide any unwanted items from the map such as lands of your allies or enemies, utility structures, resources and resource stations.

• Transfer of items from/to the Warehouse is now instant and doesn't display a confirmation pop up. So you can now transfer a group of items by rapidly tapping their icons from that list.

• Several UI fixes were made among which is an additional improvement for devices "slowing down" the land capture timer when the game is running in the background mode: reopening an inactive app should synchronize your remaining timer more accurately (this issue only affected certain devices, so if you don't know what I'm talking about you're one of the lucky players :)).

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. D said:

"Map Filters" window is now available on Earth View within the "Additional Options" list.
Using these filters you can hide any unwanted items from the map such as lands of your allies or enemies, utility structures, resources and resource stations.

Simply great!

2 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Transfer of items from/to the Warehouse is now instant and doesn't display a confirmation pop up. So you can now transfer a group of items by rapidly tapping their icons from that list.

I think the problem there was more about the "Item not found! Please try again." message which pops up a little bit to often if you want to delete or transfer an item to fast.

I cannot check item transfer now but I see that when I delete items there is no error messages now. It looks like it is more reliable and responsive now. Though it would be nice to have the option to delete multiple  items at once.

7 hours ago, Ruvox said:

I think the problem there was more about the "Item not found! Please try again." message which pops up a little bit to often if you want to delete or transfer an item to fast.

Yup, that is also fixed. :)

1 hour ago, AntKeeper said:

Though it would be nice to have the option to delete multiple  items at once.

We'll get there eventually! ;)

• Like 3

The map filters are rather nice. It might be useful for the Forces of Terror to have their own selection but I do not quibble.

The filters do not stay off whenever I leave and return to the app. They are all on by default at startup. I do not know if that is a bug or a feature, but I bring that up just in case.

1 hour ago, S Keillan said:

The filters do not stay off whenever I leave and return to the app. They are all on by default at startup. I do not know if that is a bug or a feature, but I bring that up just in case.

That is indeed a feature. :)
I think that filters are more often used to see a specific resource or flag temporarily, but after you've done it you will most likely want to revert to the original state and it would be quite annoying if you had to reset filters manually every time.

1 hour ago, S Keillan said:

The map filters are rather nice. It might be useful for the Forces of Terror to have their own selection but I do not quibble.

I didn't introduce a filter like that as I believe this is already achieved via the "Tracked Players" facility. :)

• Like 1

Great update, smooths my ability to use the map with the filters. Also, I did notice one bug, when I have resources turned off when I zoom out i still get the collection of resources. Bug or feature? 

Also: not to nitpick but... I'm still getting to messages crowding all over each other... (When collecting rss). Especially when I have utility structures and collect rss from my Supply Factory and other captured things... It's so messy and kinda hard to read at all. 

Finally: have you increased the rate of Resource Stations spawning? I currently have 35 (ST at level 3)... it's great I'm just surprised... I used to be lucky to find a few in a week. 

Thanks for keeping us updated !! 

Edited by Republic of America
Rewrote parts of post.

2 hours ago, Republic of America said:

Also, I did notice one bug, when I have resources turned off when I zoom out i still get the collection of resources. Bug or feature?

I think that might happen because resources and resources stations have different filter options. So when having only resources disabled, resources stations will still be displayed and they also crowd up to the resources collection icons when zooming out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ruvox said:

I think that might happen because resources and resources stations have different filter options. So when having only resources disabled, resources stations will still be displayed and they also crowd up to the resources collection icons when zooming out.

That's pretty much it, yes!

4 hours ago, Republic of America said:

Finally: have you increased the rate of Resource Stations spawning? I currently have 35 (ST at level 3)... it's great I'm just surprised... I used to be lucky to find a few in a week. 

Nothing changed in that area; I'm guess your luck has shifted or a bunch of new players joined the area; base level ups have a very high probability of spawning new stations. ;)

4 hours ago, Republic of America said:

Also: not to nitpick but... I'm still getting to messages crowding all over each other... (When collecting rss). Especially when I have utility structures and collect rss from my Supply Factory and other captured things... It's so messy and kinda hard to read at all. 

There were no fixes for this issue in 1.19.1 indeed, but I'll add that to my task list. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...